Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Owen Hargreaves

332 posts in this topic

could be, but I am not sure. Hargreaves scored 70 goals last year, almost all of them coming from strikes near his opponent's bench. But he has scored three times as many goals as Rooney, Zidane, Beckham and Riquelme have in their entire career times three. So he is every bit as good as Dave Thomas.

Beckham: 95 Career Goals.

Rooney: 60 Career Goals.

Zidane: 127 Career Goals.

Riquelme: 95 Career Goals.

Get ready for it!

Hargreaves: 5 career goals.

Dont get me wrong, i think Heargreaves is a fantastic player. It just responce to the post above, please do your research before you slate world class players. Thank You.

Chris, I did not frame the issue as between Hargreaves and Zidane etc. Rather my focus was on comparing him to Dave Thomas. You misconstrued my point. And by the way, I always use accurate statistics. Hargreaves scored the most goals ever from outside the blue line.

Who the heck is Dave Thomas?

Chris has noted that Hargreaves has only scored 5 times in his career, and i have looked it up and he seems to be correct, so what is your source of information Mr Anonymouse? You cant count training goals. Becks is one of the gifted few to have scored inside his own half.

But beyond your drivilings Hargreaves is one of Englands best (if not the best) defensive midfield players in the England squad and i wish him a speedy recovery.

Look (Chris/jj), perhaps the two of you could brush up on your knowledge of football. I have studied the game in great detail and Hargreaves is the only player who can be compared to Dave Thomas

So what is that crap about the 70 goals a season tosh, if you knew anything about the game (u dont!!) you would know at least the fact that he has only scored 5 times in his pro football carrer. i know football, shame u dont.

Dave Thomas, the 1950's Burnley player???

He hardley set the world alight. Hargreaves is way better. One of the best players in the wc. you can at least compare him to someone who was good. You may need to change where you read your info.

I'll give you a hand.

go to www.wikipedia.com

type a players name in and read the facts.

I reject these insults. I have always tried to be a fair commentator on the world of football. I, like Hargreaves, almost made England's team for Germany 2006. With respect, I know far more about this than you guys. So please stop insulting me. I broke up with my girlfriend this weekend and I am getting trashed on listerine almost everyday, so I have enough on my plate. The Hargreaves/Thomas comparison is fair.

You can reject what you like! You still know nothing! and your drunk drivilings prove it.

You need to take a long look in the mirror dude and chant: 'i dont need her', 'i dont need the listerine', 'i can make it back in the England squad' and 'Hargreaves isnt like Thomas'.You will feel a lot better. You should address your issues. Have you ever considered one on one time with a shrink?

Almost made the England team??? Are you G.Barry, K.Nolan, J.Woodgate, W.Brown, P.Neville, D.Vassell or J.Defoe?

I know who you are!

Your Dave Thomas.

Does anyone know when Hargreaves will be back playing? Seems a long time now!!! As much as i like Carrick as a England international he just isnt filling that defensive midfield area as good as Hargreaves can. JJ Chris, cut the guy some slack. Onto a different matter. It was good to see Joe Cole and Rooney back in form for the Holland game, just waiting on Hargreaves and Owen to regain full fitness.

I saw on sky sports that he has a month at least until full training sessions can start. Nolan would be better than Carrick in the England squad IMO.