Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Owen Hargreaves

332 posts in this topic

owen-hargreaves.jpgOwen Hargreaves is a professional footballer. He plays for the English national team and is also currently playing for FC Bayern in Munich, Germany. Owen Hargreaves was actually born in Canada but due to heritage was eligible to play for either the English, Welsh, Canadian, or German national teams. He chose England.

Owen Hargreaves:

Date of Birth: 20th January 1981

Weight: 74 Kg

Height: 180 cm

Position: Midfielder

not good enough for england team..he's canadian anyway to all extents and purposes..needs to get a move to the premiership to fulfill potential..

wasted in pointless bundesliga.

auf wiedersehen.

agree. should sign for decent side like plymouth argyle if he wants to go places..where's your ambition lad?

What, playing for the best team in Germany doesn't count? As for not good enough for the English team, he played in the World Cup with them.

He's not bad essentially. A good mid-table premiership player. Glad he's got rid of that curly pube like hair he had.

He is a lot better than gay Mr. Beckham.

I think Arsenal tried to get him once for tons of $$$ but no chance, cause Bayern still wants to be the best team in Europe, so they kept him :)

...bayern best team in europe?

my @rse.

got stuffed v div 2 trollope in german cup.

pointless.

hargreaves has to leave to further his career.

stifled by boring trainer.

"he's canadian anyway..."

he's english.

he's as english as greg rusedski and lennox lewis.

see. there you go.

I think owen is a very good football player i´m a bayern munich fan. I hope owen will always play in munich. He`s so good like beckham or zidane. He`s young and he can be a great football player in future years. No?

Clearly obvious that his talent is being stifled by the teutonic nature of German football, a poor Bayern team and, moreover, his boring trainer's tactics.

Rumour has it that he won't even make England's Euro 2004 squad and his agent is currently sounding out potential Premiership buyers.

Watch this space.

He's good enough for any european star team. I wish he would play in Arsenal...

Owen will be at the Amerika Haus on Weds 19th May to talk to kids and sign autographs.

Owen Hargreaves, born in Calgary, Alberta, has been a professional football player with FC Bayern München since 1997. Before heading to Portugal to play in the European Championship, he will come to Amerika Haus to talk to his young fans about his connections with Canada, how he became a football player, how he came to play for FC Bayern, and how he feels as a Canadian living in Munich. Owen Hargreaves will also give autographs to his fans, and officially launch "Canada for Kids" week (June 1st - 4th 2004) at Amerika Haus (see amerikahaus).

Why would Hargreaves be at Amerika Haus talking about Canada?

Errr..., well, "because he's Canadian" is the obvious answer. But even so, I see your point. What does he have to say about Canada?

Actually, I don't think he's gonna say very much. He'll just be signing autographs for the kids.

Publicity.

Actually, it was a great event. Not too crowded with plenty of time for Owen to tell his story - how does one go at 15 from Calgary directly to Bayern's junior team? He also took time to answer many questions from those present, in German and English. Not rushed at all, and willing to discuss whatever people asked about. Very friendly, very... Canadian!

wat a player, is waiting for the new coach at bayern this year, will eventually move to the prem 2some1 like liverpool, will be an awesome player in the future, believe.

Owen is very good

he must play only for Bayern

HE IS GERMAN!!!

Actually, he is my son's biggest hero. My son at 9 is playing Under 12 competitive in the midfield. My dad emigrated to Canada from Munich in the 60's so my son and I are Canadian, but our ancestry is "Bayern", and his favorite team is of course Bayern-Munchen.

Although soccer is still growing in the "land of Hockey", players like Owen Hargreaves show that there is hope for rising talent like my son Andrew here in Canada to make it in Europe. He dreams of playing in the red and white someday and has a youth home uniform he wears to each of his practices. Maybe someday...

Rick Mohr, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Dudes, I hate to break it to you but: Hargreaves is a faggot. He may have a played a few good games but to compare him with Zidane is just way over the top. Also, anyone who wants to play in the gay premiere league isnt worthy enough for the prestigious Bayern shirt. If I were Uli Hoeness I would sell him for a few million and buy players like Deco or Renato with the money...as for the team he should go to: any premiere league club is shitty enough for him. The best would be the teams with gay names like West Ham United,Sheffield Wednesday, Tottenham Hotspur etc.;p. Of course other sad ass clubs like ManU(sucks) or Chelsea London (still gay names but they do have a minor degree of success) are also suitable for someone with Hargreaves' quality (i.e. the lack of it)