Should we still change the clocks twice a year?

186 posts in this topic

Winter didn't really ever came, but now it's time for spring and summer. So just keep in mind that on Sunday 25th we have to change our clocks one hour forward to readjust to the summer time.

Enjoy the biergarten season!

In previous years most countries in Northern hemisphere changed at same time (Europe and USA) but this year the US changed LAST weekend so

many transatlantic conference calls in our company have been messed up. :(

By time we get used to the time difference change it will be back to previous state.

HEM. yups we changed a few days back. If the gov't decides it's not as productive as they hope then they may go back to the regular clock change schedule next year if they so choose.

Either way, reminding people to do something ten days in advance seems pretty pointless to me. More likely to spread confusion than reduce it.

Oma Stelzbok: do you work on sunday, because the clocks are usually changed at around 3 a.m. on sunday.

many transatlantic conference calls in our company have been messed up

Doesn't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside when you realise that however drunk you are, you can probably still handle maths problems like adding or subtracting one to another number, and are thus more still more competent than some.

We put the clocks forward in Hamburg to let everyone know that it's officially summer and that we might have a more pleasent type of rain for a few weeks and that we can start carrying our smaller brollies. :ph34r:

We put the clocks forward in Hamburg to let everyone know that it's officially summer and that we might have a more pleasent type of rain for a few weeks and that we can start carrying our smaller brollies.

So instead of it raining sideways, the rain takes a more natural, horizontal course. Nice! I'm booking my flight as we speak... ;)

Last year I met a colleague for lunch 2 weeks afer the clocks changed. He got there an hour early, had forgotten to change his clocks and had been living on the wrong time for 2 weeks :unsure:

thanks for the reminder - I've got a flight that day and knowing me, would have missed it!

I and a friend once arrived almost an hour late for a classical concert in Prague and disturbed the whole audience cos we didnt know about the time change - ridiculous thing was we had been sightseeing that day and didnt notice the different time on any of the clock towers we saw/photographed!

Either way, reminding people to do something ten days in advance seems pretty pointless to me. More likely to spread confusion than reduce it.

Do you criticize your birthday presents? Just wondering.

Thanks of the reminder Panama.