Rock am Ring - annual music festival

10 posts in this topic

We are off camping at the Rock Am Ring in June and would like to now what to expect.

At the great old age of 36 its my first rock festival experience and felt it was something I had to do before I snuff it. But as usual the girlie niggles are kicking in i.e where to pee? Reassurance that I will not come back as a hippy would be most welcome, however I am thinking of ditching the bra for the weekend. :o

Well the last time I was there was a fair few years ago but do not worry there are Dixie Klos!! I mean they are not the nicest in some peoples book but maybe I am just not that fussy! All these years as a scout leader has got me used to it I imagine! Whenever I go camping or to festivals I try to limit myself to one pee in the morning and one in the evening if the loos are really bad! Mind you this will not be so easy if you have a few beers! :P

Have fun at the festival!

A Rock in your Ring could qualify as a big pain the ass.

However festivals are meant to endured, not enjoyed, just keep your mojo fuelled and travel light.

Do you know if it´s possible to buy a single day ticket and how much does it cost? Thank you

Never been but my brother has been to RiP the past two years, and is going again this year. Apparently they have showers and bathrooms and stuff, so you don't have to go unshowered for an entire weekend. ;)

Do you know if it´s possible to buy a single day ticket and how much does it cost? Thank you

No. It's €125 for the festival, all 3 days, including camping and parking. English info here