Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bar in Giesing with Guinness for €3 a pint

18 posts in this topic

Someone posted about an Irish pub in Giesing that has €3 Guinness and €2 becks next Saturday for St. Patricks day but i can't find it now.

Anyone confirm the details so I can go out and get rip-roaringly wankered?

Slainté.

Yeah, that non-paid advertising that got taken down? Looked like a thrifty way to spend Paddies indeed.

Toytown is full of unpaid adverts (there's currently an advert for Apple on the homepage masquerading as a news story). If an event is of interest to Toytown readers (as a St. Patrick's Day event certainly is), then I don't see why the post can't stay. There are unpaid cinema and concert listings throughout the site, so how is a pub event different?

Oh it was The Dub?

Errrm handy for the Ring as they say down my way but basicly the middle of nowhere. Back in the day mind it was one of the few pubs with a late licence and weekends there were fleets of taxis piling down there from O'Reillys and the Shamrock etc for late drinks.

<polishes old skool badge>

Toytown is full of unpaid adverts

It's a little bit different if someone decides to organise a night out at a random bar somewhere or if the owner/manager starts a thread, complete with posters.

And yes, the ad was pulled after I complained. I pay for advertising and don't see why someone else should get similar exposure when they don't pay.

You're referring to meetups, but the Events in Munich forum is filled with events that, in 95% of the cases, are organised by businesses who don't financially contribute to Toytown. Where is the line drawn? The Toytown homepage is filled with links to pubs, restaurants, cinemas, concerts etc etc, none of whom pay a penny, so I'm still not sure why this event was singled out for deletion, other than the fact that it provided direct competition with an existing advertiser.

Bullshit. 95% is not organised by the people who own the establishments. They are organised by members who decide to go there for an event. I've never seen the owners of the Hofbrauhaus posting events here, or the trusts of the Olympic Stadium encouraging TT's to go and see Robbie Williams.

If people on TT decide to all go and meet up at the €3 Guinness on St Patricks Day place and start a thread expressing the wish to do so, it is completely different to the owner or manager of the bar advertising his own place and sticking colourful posters up.

So if you think it's OK for them to advertise themselves and not pay, then what possible benefit do I, or any other advertisor actually get out of paying for advertising?

So what's the pub like at all? Is it worth imploring folk to get to the assendofnowhere for a few scoops?

Was it really the Dub anyway?

Cos when I briefly saw the post I think I'd have recognised it if it had have been.

Anyway, if the pub had closed why would they be advertising for next week?

My recollection is that it wasn't an Irish pub at all, just a German place that was going to get a keg of Guinness in.

The pub next to, or below that awful brown office building is or was the Dubliner. I used to have a practice room near there. Don't know if they are still open but there is a phone number here: The Dubliner

No I think it's been closed for a year or so, now it's some kind of mexican bar/restaurant... Not mouch going on there either

As several have mentioned, the Dub closed last spring. Trust me - I was last out on closing night, about 9 a.m. the next morning! I'm not a great fan of the Mexican place that is now in there, but I suppose that's personal taste. They certainly don't have Guiness either...