Knut - the polar bear born at Berlin zoo

147 posts in this topic

Whatever is right. I don't know why you assume I'm not fluent in German, nor whether this news report you listened to did any more than parrot the Bild article like so many other outlets seem to have. I do know that what's been linked so far are 1) articles that take the Bild at face value and 2) articles that explain the context and how the Bild was being sensasionalistic and misleading.

He is soooooooooo cute , I told my 2 girls" I want one " Its sad that I live so far away from Berlin.

ahh... this might be a little 'out' there... and the animal guy's comments were taken out of context, to sensationalise them... however, wanted to share with TT what first came to my mind when I heard this post Dumping animals

Knut is a danger to us all! Kill him now!

Berlin Zoo denied media allegations on Tuesday that Knut the celebrity polar bear cub was responsible for the sudden demise of one of its older attractions, a 22-year-old panda who was found dead in her cage.

"How many more, my friends? How many more?"

My first thought when I heard about Yan-Yan was that someone (human) was trying to make some kind of statement by killing her...

I want Knut´s caretaker to take care of me, too...Rrrrrrrh.

Ruthie, please, there is a line, please stand behind all the ladies who already lined up and want to be taken care of by the caretaker ;)

google tells me that Knut is a name from the middle ages and has its origin in Northern Europe.

edit: me too slow

That little cuddly ball of white fur will be the world's biggest land carnivore in about 14 months.

So get your cuddlies off and then get over it. Whatever happens to the bear should be planned with this perspective, and right now.

polar bear attack at zoo

Re vid 1 -

Uh.. Yeah.. I'm sorry, but seriously... if you jump the fence to get closer to a "wild animal" that's bigger than you are and eats meat, don't be surprised when you get mauled.

Re vid 2 - See post for vid 1.

Well duh. It's a bear. Don't get close to it, and leave it in it's cage. The animals in the videos were not hand-raised. I am sure Thomas D. is aware of the danger--it won't be easy to go from being Papa to being potential food - but he is choosing to take the risk. The rest of us are fine as long as we don't get within paw's reach.

p.s. in the second video they were just checking the guy out, not attacking him.

The word on the street is that Knut, when he gets older and larger, will have parts of his fur dyed black and will be presented to the Chinese people to compensate for the recently demised Yan-Yan.

Where can I buy one of these?

My boyfriend brought home a horse magazine recently (he likes ponies) which has a photo of a couple of 5 year old zebras for sale. I figure if you can buy zebras then I'd have no problem getting me a lion or wolf as a pet, but now I quite fancy a polar bear.

I'll trade you the phone number for the zebras, if you can put me in touch with anyone who has cubs for sale (must be house trained).