Knut - the polar bear born at Berlin zoo

147 posts in this topic

So it's ok to take an animal with a range of hundreds of miles and put it in a cage, but it's not ok to hand-feed the cub? Oh brother...

Congratulations! You're as ignorant as any other Bild reader! Admetus only pointed out five comments ago that what Bild wrote was taken completely out of context in an attempt to manufacture controversy, a claim backed up by BildBlog. But it's better to run around spewing stupidity like so many Bild-readers than to actually pay attention to the facts.

If you see it in Das Bild, it's a lie.

woof.

I think you want to improve you some reading comprehension, like of the post above you. :rolleyes:

Comprehend this:

"If a polar bear mother rejected the baby, then I believe the zoo must follow the instincts of nature," Albrecht said. "In the wild, it would have been left to die."

It means kill the bear and not save its life. Backtracking on the fact that it is now older and able to survive is simply to contradict ones own belief in the face of public pressure. My comprehension is just fine, I suggest you start to read between the lines to improve yours. People don't always tell the truth and animal activists are more two-faced than the NRA.

He's quickly becoming an Internet superstar.

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

polar bears are my favourite animal :wub: and watching those pictures... i want one! B)

I think I want to shoot me some animal nutjob activists.

Eurovol, tell me when and I'll join you. Animals are at our mercy and we should kill a baby animal because he wouldn't have survived in nature anyway? Those activits are five star psychos. Sheesh.

Eurovol, tell me when and I'll join you. Animals are at our mercy and we should kill a baby animal because he wouldn't have survived in nature anyway? Those activits are five star psychos. Sheesh.

Please try reading carefully before going on a killing spree:

The activist, whose Tierschutzgesetz quote is reported by Bild, claims he has been quoted out of context (by Bild? No, really?). He says that his aim was to highlight the inconsistencies and contradictions in the laws as, in a recent case, the law came down on the side of a zoo in Leipzig where a Lippenbärbaby was put down by lethal injection and it was the zoo director who successfully claimed that manually rearing animals leads to behavioural problems. As such, the activist reasoned, raising baby Knut by hand should also be illegal. The law is, after all, supposedly blind. Here's the FAZ article about it, complete with a gallery of cute baby bear pictures.

Congratulations! You're as ignorant as any other Bild reader! Admetus only pointed out five comments ago that what Bild wrote was taken completely out of context in an attempt to manufacture controversy, a claim backed up by BildBlog. But it's better to run around spewing stupidity like so many Bild-readers than to actually pay attention to the facts.

Note that the Yahoo and BBC articles are just repeating the Bild's misrepresentation of the animal activist's comments. Although there is this from the BBC article (which they also didn't bother to research themselves):

"One should have had the courage to let the bear die then," said Wolfram Graf-Rudolf, head of the Aachen Zoo, cited by the daily Sueddeutsche Zeitung.

So maybe you want to go shoot some zookeepers?

Please try reading carefully before going on a killing spree:

Note that the Yahoo and BBC articles are just repeating the Bild's misrepresentation of the animal activist's comments. Although there is this from the BBC article (which they also didn't bother to research themselves):

So maybe you want to go shoot some zookeepers?

Whatever. I speak fluent German and I listened to the German news on this topic. So I know what the animal activists's real intentions are. Try becoming fluent in German, it'll help you understand many things much better, including the news.