Football in the English Garden

1,439 posts in this topic

Guys,

Some of us (regulars) met up today, but I guess lack of proper communication is causing the confusion for the meet up timings and location.

I would be creating a 'Whatsapp' group so that we all can stay connected - given that we all check our phone more than TT website.

Just send me a whtsapp msg stating 'football' and I'll add you in that group. This way we can also know about the actual turn up/ last minute cancellations.

my digits - 0162 780 6596

later,

Chirayu

Hi guys, i just arrived in Bavaria and i have moved to Landsberg am lech to be with my girlfriend for the summer. I would like to join you guys for a kick about if that would be possible, as i cant find anyone who plays often in Landsberg and would be devastated if i have to go the full summer without playing a bit of football. I just wondered how often you play and at what times? thanks guys, Dane....

I'd also like to know what time to meet up. (I don't have a working phone yet, so no whatsapp)

Hey boys! We'll be out there today at 12 (noon). The location is the large field south of the Seehaus biergarten if you know where that is. Just walk into the Englisch Garten from Giselastrasse Ubahn station and we're on the left. Hope to see you boys out there!

Hi guys, are you meeting to play this Sunday? As I would be able to make it this weekend for a game. Do you guys play in trainers or shall I bring my boots etc. thanks,Dane...

Game tonight at 6:30 / 7pm in same spot if any want to join. Bring a football if you have one please - tommy.

there are just too many posts to read through so I would really appreciate it if somebody replied :) when and where exactly do you guys meet up? is it happening every sunday?

thanks in advance

Berk

Hey Berk,

if you got a whtsapp, then send a msg to me: 0162 780 6596

I have created a whtsapp group and that will keep you well informed.

If not, then just show up at 12:00, every sunday...at the location shown on the very first page of this threat.

Hi all,

We are a group of 13 guys from London travelling to Munich in a couple of weekend’s time (15-17th) and are looking for a game of football at some point over the weekend. Would you guys be interested in organising a friendly match? Whether this be 11-a-side or even if we book a local 5-a-side pitch or something?

Let me know if this is something you would be up for.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi, Could we meet you in English Garden on Sunday at 12 on Sunday 17th August. There will be 13 of us from England if you would like a match?

Thanks,

David (Davidsedall@gmail.com)

Hi David,

We usually don't do more than 7 on 7, because its an open field and not exactly with boundaries.

The more people there are, the more headless running around the pitch takes place in absence of boundaries.

What we can do best is perhaps have 2-3 games simultaneously based on the people that are present. We usually have around 8-10 people that show up.

total 23 -

We can either play 6x6 with 4 teams, with one team playing with one less.

That would be best case scenario.

best,

Chirayu

Hey Chirayu,

That sounds great fun. Thanks. We shall see you there next Sunday 17th August. Where do you normally guys meet in the park at 12?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

This is the usual meeting location: https://maps.google.de/maps?q=48.156889,11.594244&num=1&gl=de&t=m&z=17&iwloc=near

I am actually out of town, but I will try to come back during the day.

Lets see how that pans out. But I am sure there would be some other guys around. We have a whatsapp group and I'll spread the word.

later,

Chirayu

Hey guys. We are flying out to Munich today. Really looking forward to playing some football on Sunday. Are we still on for playing some 6-a-side in the park at 12? There are 13 of us coming. My number is 00447746725689 if it's easier to contact us on whatsapp although will check back on here as well.

Cheers,

Dave

Hey! Would it be possible to get someones number who will playing tomorrow just in case we have any trouble finding you? Thanks Dave

Anyone up for a game today? English Garden kick-about, something informal? OR, is there regular pick-up game happening on weekends anywhere in Munich? So far, it's been totally impossible to find a group that just plays for fun, not in a formalized practice-3-times-a-week setting. Cheers!

We usually play informally every Sunday - but today seemed a bit cold...

If you got whtsapp, add me - I have created a group with bunch of people for the same reason...we usually text on friday or sat and decided to meet up on Sunday.

0162 780 6596