Football in the English Garden

1,439 posts in this topic

Football/Soccer in the English Garden every Sunday @ 2PM.

Every Sunday from 2PM we'll be playing football in the English Garden at the Gieselastr entrance, just round about where the frisbee and Touch Rugby guys play.

It'll mainly consist of the guys who play Indoor 5's but feel free to come down and join in.

To get there take the U3/U6 to Gieselastr, come down Martiusstr leading on to Thiemestr into the park. We'll be playing in the area marked '1'. See map below.

So if you're game for coming down to for a kick about with some fellow TT'ers and occasionally some random natives who join in. Sign up here.

This thread is as dead as a chi non salta e tedesco!! However, all is not lost.

The plan is to play footy on Sunday in the luitpold park in Schwabing at 3 pm. Here's a map of the place:

luitpoldpark

I would say you come out of the underground station, walk in the park and head towards your left. Keep that Bamberger haus place in mind as I reckon we'll be playing somewhere not too far away from there. If you don't know this park, it's a far better place to play football than the English garden because the playing surface is a million times better. The English garden is fine if you're chucking a frisbie around or running with a rugby ball, but it's absolutely dreadful for football. Molehills, bumps, divots etc etc. Let's give this park a go tomorrow and then we can see how people like it. If you're interested, post a yes message in this thread. There's bound to be more footballers in the park anyways so we'll be playing whatever happens. To make life easier for everyone, I'll wear my Sheringham 19 shirt. Gotta love that man!!

Hopefully see you there.

Chi non salta e tedesco!! We've got about 5 players for the game - and 2 of them (including yours truly) are extremely hungover. Barring a sudden flood of players, the game may well be postponed to next week.

This thread is as dead as a chi non salta e tedesco!! However, all is not lost.

The plan is to play footy on Sunday in the luitpold park in Schwabing at 3 pm. Here's a map of the place:

luitpoldpark

I would say you come out of the underground station, walk in the park and head towards your left. Keep that Bamberger haus place in mind as I reckon we'll be playing somewhere not too far away from there. If you don't know this park, it's a far better place to play football than the English garden because the playing surface is a million times better. The English garden is fine if you're chucking a frisbie around or running with a rugby ball, but it's absolutely dreadful for football. Molehills, bumps, divots etc etc. Let's give this park a go tomorrow and then we can see how people like it. If you're interested, post a yes message in this thread. There's bound to be more footballers in the park anyways so we'll be playing whatever happens. To make life easier for everyone, I'll wear my Sheringham 19 shirt. Gotta love that man!!

Hopefully see you there.

Game on tonight at 7pm, same info as above regarding the location @ Lutipolod Park. Post if you intend to come along.

Hope to see you there.

J

I reckon we should have the ability to easily modify thread titles ourselves!! This one doesn't really help.

Anyways, WHERE ARE YOU FOOTBALLERS??!! I'm gonna head down there anyway and I'm sure we'll get some kind of game going. I'll bring a ball and will be in the spot I described above at 7.

anyone up for football this weekend in the englischer garten/luitpoldpark?

Hey I was discussing this last night with mehithabel but forgot to look it up. I knew that there was something organised already in TT.

Well, if we can get some more interest, this Sunday could be good.

But as we've said above. The English Gardens is too bumpy and the game is just ruined, so we played at the Luitpold park.

I'll update you later.

Excellent, never noticed this before and that saves Panama and I hatching our plan to start this up.

My boyfriend is looking to get back into football - he used to play 5 aside every week before we came here, he's pretty good. Not sure if he's free this Sunday but will find out and let you know, he'd defo like to make another time though - would there be room for him? Is it mixed teams? Need a referee? I'm a bit corrupt but it adds authenticity I find. If not I can just hurl abuse from the sidelines, no worries.

Ok, some some of us are gonna head down to English Gardens at 6.30 tonight at the Gieslastr entrance (no.1 on the map above)

Feel free to come along! Post here if you think you'll make it.