Conspiracy theorists

571 posts in this topic

So, apparently the latest whackjob conspiracy theory is that AOC wasn't actually on the Capitol grounds during the attack - the same tactic they attempted to discredit David Hogg, who survived the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in 2018.

Cue Snopes to the rescue

What kind of low-life piece of shit pushes conspiracy theories like this?

9 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

So, apparently the latest whackjob conspiracy theory is that AOC wasn't actually on the Capitol grounds during the attack - the same tactic they attempted to discredit David Hogg, who survived the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in 2018.

Cue Snopes to the rescue

If only the Q people had access the wizardry and witchery that is the 'ternit...

14 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Cue Snopes to the rescue

She made the whole thing up and then played the victim card.  Calling her a piece of sh!t is a bit over the top.  

This did not age well.  

🤡

2 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

I‘m going to guess that at least one TT poster on my „ignore“ list will jump all over this as the lastest Gotcha maneuver, if they haven‘t done so already.

Sadly, the wingnuts are quite predictable.

6 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

I‘m going to guess that at least one TT poster on my „ignore“ list will jump all over this as the lastest Gotcha maneuver, if they haven‘t done so already.

The knobhead above you jumps straight in with 2 feet saying she made the whole thing up.Obviously didn`t bother reading the link 

17 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

11 hours ago, Keleth said:

The knobhead above you jumps straight in with 2 feet saying she made the whole thing up.Obviously didn`t bother reading the link 

Depends on the goal really, discussion, reaction, just to oppose what someone said (for whatever reason) or to try to make one side (as they see things) seem less trustworthy.

2 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Depends on the goal really, discussion, reaction, just to oppose what someone said (for whatever reason) or to try to make one side (as they see things) seem less trustworthy.

I don`t know it`s reason for 99% of the time posting contrarian shit no matter how obviously wrong it is.

I don`t believe it is really that dumb.

I don`t believe it is some Russian bot either.

So it either has some sort of mental health problem or it is just a troll but a troll who is in it for the long run.

I'm actually leaning to the (Russian?) troll farm theory. But I don't really care anymore, as I have all the usual suspects firmly on ignore.

Carry on. :)

16 minutes ago, Keleth said:

I don`t know it`s reason for 99% of the time posting contrarian shit no matter how obviously wrong it is.

I don`t believe it is really that dumb.

I don`t believe it is some Russian bot either.

So it either has some sort of mental health problem or it is just a troll but a troll who is in it for the long run.

I actually believe that Alexandra Ocasio Cortez grossly exaggerated her experience for political gain.   I have provided reasons and justification.    By the way, Snopes is hardly an objective arbiter of truth.   

In addition, she played the victim card citing some earlier trauma which causes her to freak out when under threat.    This particular justification reinforces misogynistic stereotypes and places her ability to make decisions under pressure in doubt.     Considering that she marketed herself as being from the South Bronx (even though she grew up in a leafy suburb), her constituents should recognize her relative fragility.      This isn't a person who can calmly go toe-to-toe with powerful interests and keep her composure.  

In some other thread, there was a reference to a "She-Beast" 😂 who behaves aggressively and then plays the. victim card when called out.    Hilarious.   

1 hour ago, Metall said:

I'm actually leaning to the (Russian?) troll farm theory. But I don't really care anymore, as I have all the usual suspects firmly on ignore.

This thread is actually beautiful. All those "You've chosen to..." ;) 

1 hour ago, Metall said:

I think the term 'bot' is better, it has a certain descriptive quality to it...

I read that the whole conspiracy thing has caused some problems in Australia. 

Referring to people who are into these kind of theories as 'Tinnies', due to the tin foil hats that are shown on pictures, has caused some confusion.

1 hour ago, cb6dba said:

I read that the whole conspiracy thing has caused some problems in Australia. 

Referring to people who are into these kind of theories as 'Tinnies', due to the tin foil hats that are shown on pictures, has caused some confusion.

Tinnies meant something different when I was there.  Full of nasty beer.  Perhaps true of the new Tinnies.  

I don't know but this is pretty disturbing:

Why do we need all these conspiracy theories if we are making this even worse by ourselves?