Conspiracy theorists

627 posts in this topic

According to them,  Trumps inauguration four years ago must have been illegal, too...

This all reminds me of my parents stories when they were kids... that communists ate children for breakfast...

It's the same shit, just targeting someone different.

Of course it's based on the reports of the 1921 famine.

49 minutes ago, Sannerl said:

According to them,  Trumps inauguration four years ago must have been illegal, too...

Oh please. Don't go and apply logic to these people!! :D

1 hour ago, Sannerl said:

Remember all those Republicans in the House claiming that the election was illegitimate. The very same election that put them (or confirmed them) in office.

It's all fantasy, but their idiot followers lap it up.

21 minutes ago, Metall said:

Oh please. Don't go and apply logic to these people!! :D

I certainly don't. Just sayin'. B)

26 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Remember all those Republicans in the House claiming that the election was illegitimate. The very same election that put them (or confirmed them) in office.

It's all fantasy, but their idiot followers lap it up.

This is the base of the problem. It's not just what is being said, it is that people seem, for whatever reason, incapable of applying even their version of logic to all sides in the argument. The politicians do it because it helps them and as long as their supporters go along with it, they won't change ad will even have to up their rhetoric. This is why things get worse, promises are made, problems are identified and solutions put in place. When the solutions don't solve the problems and the promises can't be kept, then it's time to look elsewhere for problems and solutions. 

This is the pot of political soup boiling itself down to the concentrate, it goes in to a feedback poop and just keep boiling itself down. Regardless of whether that is left or right concentrate, it never ends well.

Actually, once problems are being looked for, it tends to end very badly (for some people).

9 minutes ago, Findus said:

Image may contain: 1 person, meme, text that says 'Check out this new billboard in Dalton, GA YOU LIED ABOUT REP.GREENE: THE ELECTION THE CAPITOL WAS RESIGN TTACKED. LAMAR The largest county in Greene's district.'

Unfortunately, I think most of the slack-jawed yokels in her district will see her smiling face and name, but not pay attention to anything else on the billboard. 

6 hours ago, JG52 said:

Unfortunately, I think most of the slack-jawed yokels in her district will see her smiling face and name, but not pay attention to anything else on the billboard. 

Those of you who have lived in the US South with recognize this:

There is a particular type of Southern She-beast who, due to being raised with a sense of entitlement and privilege (Daddy‘s little Princess) believe they can be as vile and hateful as they want to be, and there will be no consequences.

This type of She-beast will engage in horrible behavior, and when called on it, immediately cry, „I‘m the victim!“, and place her man, or any supporting Daddy figure, in front of her to Defend Her Honor.  I have encountered too many examples of her type while living in the US Southeast, both socially and professionally.

This is Marjorie Taylor-Greene to a „T“.  She has been called out for her behavior, so she is now hiding behind Daddy Trump, and the male leadership of the Republican Party.

In the past, women like this got men of color lynched (see Emmett Till as an example). Unfortunately, even though these women don‘t have as much power as they used to in this regard, they are still enabled by patriarchal white traditionalists.

The irony is that this behavior is demeaning to women, but the She-beasts will never see it.

6 hours ago, JG52 said:

They are probably just in awe at someone with all their teeth...

11 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

This is Marjorie Taylor-Greene to a „T“.  She has been called out for her behavior, so she is now hiding behind Daddy Trump, and the male leadership of the Republican Party.

She was so roasted on "SNL" this week...

https://youtu.be/TxO6xlYlT1c

#AlexandraOcasioSmollett one of the top trends on Twitter after it was determined Alexandra Ocasio Cortez was not in the Capitol building during her recent life threatening experience.    

https://www.dailywire.com/news/report-aoc-was-not-inside-capitol-building-during-breach-on-jan-6?%3Futm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwtwitter

Newsweek issues correction after GOP Rep slams them for fanning “fictitious news flames.

She was stunned by Biden's inauguration. How this South Carolina mom escaped QAnon.

Ashley Vanderbilt says her four-year-old daughter Emmerson knew "something was wrong with her mom." "I wasn't one hundred percent there like I should have been," she recalls. ...

After November's election she spent days on TikTok, Facebook, and YouTube becoming indoctrinated into the world of QAnon. ...
She doesn't watch the news. "What have we heard the last four or five years? Don't watch the news. 'Fake news.' 'Fake news.'" ...
she says she lost her job at the start of the Covid-19 lockdown. Feeling depressed and with more time on her hands, she began spending a lot of time online. ...

What began on TikTok, continued on Facebook, YouTube, and Telegram, where by January Vanderbilt says she was spending hours every night learning more about the supposed cabal of pedophiles in the Democratic Party that had stolen the election. ...

on the morning of January 20th, 2021, Trump flew out of Washington to his new home in Florida and Biden became the 46th President of the United States.
"I was devastated," Vanderbilt recalls. "Instantly, I went into panic mode."
She called her mom who was at work. "I just told her it's like we're all going to die. We're going to be owned by China. And I was like, I might have to pull my daughter out of school because they're going to take her."
Her mom tried to calm her down. "Obviously God's will was to have President Biden come in for this country, so it's going to be fine," Vanderbilt says her mom told her. "This happens all the time. It's an election. Parties switch, no big deal."
After their call she said her mom texted her a warning to not take her daughter out of school. ...

some QAnon adherents concocted a new conspiracy theory in the hours after inauguration. President Joe Biden's inauguration itself was a key part of the plan, the new theory held, and Trump would return as President in the coming few weeks. Then, certainly, all the deep-state arrests would happen.

That was a step too far for Vanderbilt. She began to realize that she had bought into a lie with an almost religious fervor. Over the past two weeks she has been posting on TikTok, the platform that dragged her into the conspiracy theory, sharing her story in the hope that it might help or inspire others to see the light. ...

Vanderbilt credits her faith in God for helping her out of QAnon. While she was deep in the conspiracy theory, she said that Trump was becoming an almost messianic figure for her who could do no wrong. She recalls once asking herself, "Am I putting even Trump above God?"

Vanderbilt reflects that she could perhaps have been pulled out of QAnon before inauguration day if Trump himself condemned it. Instead, he flirted with it and tacitly embraced it by retweeting prominent QAnon accounts and saying positive things about QAnon followers.
Instead, she had a revelation of her own.
She was able to do something that many people, including some elected representatives and a few members of the Republican Party, are not. She has admitted she was wrong and has condemned QAnon as a dangerous political movement.
On the national stage, Vanderbilt hopes her story will help others.