Munich Curry Night - Archive from previous weeks

17,364 posts in this topic

Probably, but just turn up - they'll squeeze an extra person on the table. It's only really a problem when 20 people appear without a booking.

Bugger. If only I'd logged on to TT before phoning to make the reservation when I got home...

Never mind. As Aquatic said, we can usually squeeze an extra one in. The table is booked for 8 people.

So did anyone turn up? Did everyone enjoy it? Come on boys 'n' girls, dish the gossip!

The curry was unusually mild, but very tasty. The waiters were not the usual ones though, so they didn't know what we were expecting.

Didn't make it this week. Was hold up in a friend's flat and had a mangificent Thai red curry takeaway. New place close to the Nordbad if anyone likes Thai/Vietnamese.

Was very impressed with Sitar last week. The curry I ordered was really tasty, and the one I didn't order was creamy and not at all spicy. It tasted very bland, but when my mouth was screaming with chilli burn suddenly the bland one was soothing and tasty. It was also a good move by the waiter after making a mistake.

Getting to know the waiters is also best. They are quite used to people coming in and demanding really hot curry and then complaining its unedible. Germans don't have a taste for really spicy food.

Probably a bit early to be asking but will there be curry night next Wednesday ?

And if so, is it okay for a newbie to come along ?

Cheers

Gen turned up! Punches to order, so it seems...

The currys were rubbish. Mine tasted more like oily gravy,.

However - thanks to Gen and Sonya for feeding the animal.

I wouldn't say the curry was "rubbish", just mild. And it's your fault, for complaining about how hot it was last time, you Badewannenwassermehrfachbenutzer.

I was there last night (+1 didn't want to try something new) and the Chilli Chicken was devine! I asked for it English Sharf and it was just right. I must be getting used to it now. I gave the Incredible Eating Hog a portion of it and he was hating life for the next few hours though.

Yes, curry is on again as usual - 9pm at the Sitar. The new guy should hopefully have learned his lesson after last time (imagine that - serving a curry that even NoGo found mild!).

If the old man's there again I'll order a Jalfrezi or Chilli Chicken. At least they were OK even in the "milder" days.

so for a newcomer like me is there some sort of secret handshake i need to know ? or is the Toytown table pretty obvious ?

Should be fairly obvious. Here's a pic of me from the Toytown party though:

392-9240_IMG.jpg

I'm the one on the left. I'm unlikely to be wearing white though.

Cheers...looking forward to a decent curry.

Whats the tikka masala like ?

Wont be able to make this week, so I am going to make myself an extra spicy chilli to compensate!! It also means I will be eating chilli for the next 4 days.

Definitiely put me down for next weeks curry.

I'll be coming this week. So I need just one seat.

As in - "my other half's not coming".

Not as in - "my diet's worked".

It hasn't.