Munich Curry Night - Archive from previous weeks

17,378 posts in this topic

Only sign up if you can supply proof you fully vaccinated OR recovered from Corona OR have an up-to-date negative test.
1. ex-essex (Paul)

2. LisaJK

Please copy/paste the last list into the reply and add your name As Soon As Possible, at the latest 5 pm Wednesday. 

This week we have a Toytown reservation for 7:30 pm at Dhaba, Belgradstr 16 (corner Herzogstr)

80796  München.

Nearest station: U2 Hohenzollernplatz or 12,27,28 tram, 53,59 bus Kurfürstenplatz

Only sign up if you can supply proof you fully vaccinated OR recovered from Corona OR have an up-to-date negative test.

1. ex-essex (Paul)

2. LisaJK

3. Lilol

Please copy/paste the last list into the reply and add your name As Soon As Possible, at the latest 5 pm Wednesday. 

14 minutes ago, Lilol said:

Are they checking?

This week we have a Toytown reservation for 7:30 pm at Dhaba, Belgradstr 16 (corner Herzogstr)

80796  München.

Nearest station: U2 Hohenzollernplatz or 12,27,28 tram, 53,59 bus Kurfürstenplatz

1. ex-essex (Paul)

2. LisaJK

3. Lilol

4. Cragrat

80796  München.

1. ex-essex (Paul)

2. LisaJK

3. Lilol

4. Cragrat

5. billybob 

Reply to Fraufruit: some places check, some don't.

However for the safety of everyone, 3G please! I.e. vaccinated or recovered or tested negative.

BTW, other groups I participate in are 2G i.e. vaccinated or recovered only. They don't allow unvaccinated but tested.

I only got back from the UK on Sunday so don't know the latest Bavarian rules. However I got a test yesterday as it is required for me to attend work, having travelled from the UK even though I am also vaccinated. UK is a high risk area. So I am both tested and vaccinated.

1. ex-essex (Paul)

2. LisaJK

3. Lilol

4. Cragrat

5. billybob 

6. MAM

2 hours ago, LisaJK said:

BTW, other groups I participate in are 2G i.e. vaccinated or recovered only. They don't allow unvaccinated but tested.

2G is the way to go. But Friday came across 3G+

That means only PCR tests, no antigen tests

I have yet to see an Indian restaurant in town that checks. (This is not against the organizers, THEY want to know!)

Only sign up if you can supply proof you are fully vaccinated OR recovered from Corona OR have an up-to-date negative test.

1. ex-essex (Paul)

2. LisaJK

3. Lilol

4. Cragrat

5. billybob 

6. MAM

7. Metall

2 hours ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

2G is the way to go. But Friday came across 3G+

That means only PCR tests, no antigen tests

The UK recent data has shown antigen tests at least as accurate as PCR - IF taken properly. BIG IF!!!
Mind though, there was a bit of a scandal recently where PCR samples were thrown away at a lab and negative results given. I know 2 people this presumably happened to, both having tested positive with their free NHS lateral flow tests and feeling crap.

19 minutes ago, Metall said:

I have yet to see an Indian restaurant in town that checks. (This is not against the organizers, THEY want to know!)

They checked at Ganesha a few weeks ago.

Only sign up if you can supply proof you are fully vaccinated OR recovered from Corona OR have an up-to-date negative test.

1. ex-essex (Paul)

2. LisaJK

3. Lilol

4. Cragrat

5. billybob 

6. MAM

7. Metall

8. Yesterday

36 minutes ago, LisaJK said:

The UK recent data has shown antigen tests at least as accurate as PCR - IF taken properly. BIG IF!!!
Mind though, there was a bit of a scandal recently where PCR samples were thrown away at a lab and negative results given. I know 2 people this presumably happened to, both having tested positive with their free NHS lateral flow tests and feeling crap.

My understand is that Antigen tests detect antibodies. 

PCR detects Virus DNA/RNA

So if you are recently infected and haven't yet developed antibodies then Antigen will be negative but PCR positive. 

So PCR gives you an earlier warning and is obviously superiour.

Note my understanding comes from somebody asking Alexa, who read an article so I'm not claiming Ah dun ma research

11 minutes ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

So if you are recently infected and haven't yet developed antibodies then Antigen will be negative but PCR positive. 

Note my understanding comes from somebody asking Alexa, who read an article so I'm not claiming Ah dun ma research

If what you say is correct, then wouldn't anyone who has been vaccinated show positive to an antigen test?

12 minutes ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

According to Wiki, " In immunology, an antigen (Ag) is a molecule or molecular structure that can bind to a specific antibody or T-cell receptor. "
I.e. an antigen is the bit of a virus which an antibody can bind to.

So no, an antigen does not detect antibodies, it detects the antigen part of the virus.
The reason PCR is generally regarded as superior is that it amplifies the virus dna before detecting it.