Munich Curry Night - Archive from previous weeks

16,800 posts in this topic

So this week we have a Toytown reservation for 7:30 pm at Sandhu India, Erhardtstr 15 (corner Corneliusstr), 80469 München.

https://www.sandhu-india.de/

Nearest station: Fraunhoferstr U1/2/7 and 18 tram OR Corneliusbrücke bus 132 OR Baaderstr bus 52, 62.

1. ex-essex (Paul)

2. Sannerl

3. Bernhard

4. Hughk

5  p.p.

6. Andi

7. Shishimaru

8. fraufruit

9. LisaJK

Please copy/paste the last list into the reply and add your name As Soon As Possible, but at the latest 5 pm Wednesday. 

BTW, IMO Wednesday nights are curry night. We have stretched to Shri-Lankan, was interesting, but not worth returning. Personally I wouldn't mind including Thai on Wednesdays, but Chinese, Vietnamese, etc. are definitely for other events/evenings!

One more thing, I tried a Nepalese and although similar to Indian, it was as if they'd removed the flavour!!! Afghan also a bit like that.

Sorry to bother, but I think it's better to write down what I want to say - it's rather difficult at restaurants.

@LisaJK

Please consult the Archive - some are interested in a Chinese Night. Some of those attend Curry night this evening.

"P.S. We may discuss Yan You further there" was directed to those interested for me to know how many seats I will book until tomorrow (booking that early - a no-go for Curry Night) for this Friday. I intend to do the booking personally tonight (after Curry ~) because they know us there.

There was never any intention to start a war (see archive) or replace Curry Night.

If you'd like some authentic Chinese food, you're welcome to join us.  But nobody forces anyone.

Looking forward to this evening - we passed the bus station "Corneliusbrücke" yesterday (on our way to Muffathalle).

It's literally across the street either direction.

@Sannerl, so people are interested in a Chinese night, not sure what the point of the archive is. Curry night is for curry as I said. I'm not suggesting stopping anyone doing a Chinese night or anything else or even discussing it on curry night sign up page, just pointing out that curry night is curry night!!!

Curry night sign up can be a convenient discussion page for other foody nights, so I'm in no way trying to flame anyone or start a war.

You're welcome to start a TT Chinese night or anything else and I might even attend. There used to be a monthly TT Japanese food night, but it didn't last long.

I'd suggest avoiding Friday night as the former TT Friday Beergarden (now on Meetup) clashes.

19 minutes ago, LisaJK said:

@Sannerl, so people are interested in a Chinese night, not sure what the point of the archive is. Curry night is for curry as I said. I'm not suggesting stopping anyone doing a Chinese night or anything else or even discussing it on curry night sign up page, just pointing out that curry night is curry night!!!

Curry night sign up can be a convenient discussion page for other foody nights, so I'm in no way trying to flame anyone or start a war.

You're welcome to start a TT Chinese night or anything else and I might even attend. There used to be a monthly TT Japanese food night, but it didn't last long.

I'd suggest avoiding Friday night as the former TT Friday Beergarden (now on Meetup) clashes.

The archive? Just how it came to the plans for the try-out this Friday.

It's only a try-out. Friday nights are pretty busy anyway anywhere. But several people who want to join are free this Friday.

54 minutes ago, LisaJK said:

I tried finding it, I only found the announcement for Good Friday (I think) - could you please post the url?

2 hours ago, LisaJK said:

You're welcome to start a TT Chinese night or anything else and I might even attend.

Lisa is actually a Chinese food enthusiast (and has been to various regions of China), and we've had quite a few hot pot etc. discussions. :)
I can't attend Curry Night because of an emergency HOA meeting, but I'll PM Lisa and others after Friday and report on the Yan You, discuss a good day etc.
You guys have fun at curry tonight!

1. ex-essex (Paul)

2. Sannerl

3. Bernhard

4. Hughk

5  p.p.

6. Andi

7. Shishimaru

8. fraufruit

9. LisaJK

10. GaborPaksi

Thanks again for your comments. With regard to Meetup; as I understand it you have to pay to post an event on their website. Don´t know how much but one reason for not moving the Curry Night there.

Now back to tonight's Toytown reservation for 7:30 pm at Sandhu India, Erhardtstr 15 (corner Corneliusstr), 80469 München.

https://www.sandhu-india.de/

Nearest station: Fraunhoferstr U1/2/7 and 18 tram OR Corneliusbrücke bus 132 OR Baaderstr bus 52, 62.

1. ex-essex (Paul)

2. Sannerl

3. Bernhard

4. Hughk

5  p.p.

6. Andi

7. Shishimaru

8. fraufruit

9. LisaJK

10. GaborPaksi

11. Ryosuke

Please copy/paste the last list into the reply and add your name As Soon As Possible, but at the latest 5 pm Wednesday. 

Paul, I agree, and we've take the discussion to PM. Let me know if you want me to add you to the discussion.

59 minutes ago, Metall said:

Paul, I agree, and we've take the discussion to PM. Let me know if you want me to add you to the discussion.

If you think about earlier in the week, i.e., Tues, please add me too.

Paul's away so I'm organising this week.

An old favourite, we're going to Ganesha this week. Talking to the owner this evening, he's been there 17 years and he's had the same chef the whole time! Still one of the only places in Munich to do proper onion Bhajis!

Please add your name to the list and copy as usual. Cut off time is 17:30 on Wednesday.

1. Lisa

An old favourite, we're going to Ganesha this week. Talking to the owner this evening, he's been there 17 years and he's had the same chef the whole time! Still one of the only places in Munich to do proper onion Bhajis!

Please add your name to the list and copy as usual. Cut off time is 17:30 on Wednesday.

1. Lisa

2. Julian

3. bettina

1. Lisa

2. Julian

3. bettina

4. hughk

5. ...

Please add your name to the list and copy as usual. Cut off time is 17:30 on Wednesday.#

1. Lisa

2. Julian

3. bettina

4. hughk

5. Andi

6. Emma

Please add your name to the list and copy as usual. Cut off time is 17:30 on Wednesday.#

1. Lisa

2. Julian

3. bettina

4. hughk

5. Andi

6. Emma

7. Chris