Munich Curry Night - Archive from previous weeks

17,378 posts in this topic

Can't make it my dears, am away in outer space. Surfing the milky way...

Just found this thread. Never knew there's be so many others who share my excellent taste in cuisine.

Is the curry trip on this week, or wot?

And can you get Chicken Tikka Masala? Or is it like one of those places where you need to drink three pints just to be able to pronounce anything on the menu?

I'm grateful for any info.

Yes, yes, the curry is on, at 9pm as usual. They have a "tandoori chicken masala" which is basically the same as a chicken tikka masala, but they've also told us that they can cook stuff that isn't on the menu - all we have to do is ask.

Sound.

Is it 9pm every week? Because I've just realised I'm booked this Wednesday

What about these bevvies beforehand? That still on every Wednesday too?

Just to clarify, I won't be coming this week but next week (3rd Sept) if that's OK. For the drinks too. I just need to know where and when. Can I bring the missus? She's German but speaks fluent English.

Nice one

karambos

I think I'll be up for a couple of Apfel Schorles before the curry tomorrow, so if anyone else's up for it, let me know. I'm not going to be a Billy-No-Mates and sit there on my own for an hour...

Karambos, the pre-curry drinks aren't as regular as the curry itself, but they're usually at the Gewürzmühle, which is just round the corner, at 8pm-ish. Check the maps earlier in this thread to see exactly where it is.

No problems bringing the Mrs. along.

Count me in Malc, for both drinks and curry.

I've just got the 'kaution' back from my old flat - so I can afford to go out again!

See you at the pub, probably not at the curry though.

Wish I could come for drinks and curry. Unfortunately I am still at the stage of kissing ass and impressing new bosses so a late night during the week is not such a hot idea. Plus, went out last night and had a later than planned evening so desperately need early one tonight. Should hopefully make it next week.

OK, so for the curry tonight we have:

Me and +1

Aquatic and +1 (not French Bloke)

Koala

Mad Axe Murderer

If anyone else wants to come, reply here before 3pm. I'll call the restaurant at 3pm-ish to book the table. We probably don't need to make a reservation, but it's best to make sure.

No reservations for the pre-curry drinks. I'll just try to grab a table outside at around 8pm. It's usually a bit tight, so first-come first-seated.

Thanks Malc,

see you about eightish!

Petal,

There's nothing to stop you dropping in at Gewürzmühle for a quick drink between 8 and 9, is there? Or does that count as a late night? :unsure:

I'll be there, and may be bringing a couple of others too. Will most likely be at the Gewürzmühle for pre-curry drinks at 8pm-ish.

As usual, I'll give the restaurant a call at around 4pm tomorrow, so anyone who wants to be sure of getting a seat should reply here before then...

I'll roll along. However this time I want my curry milder!

Had no tummy problems from last time, despite the heat. Goes to show they prepare them properly...

Sorry AquaticMeringue, I said I'd go but me mam's here so I'll have to put it off again.

karambos