Munich Curry Night - Archive from previous weeks

17,638 posts in this topic

One of my favorite places, Lurker Mark also used to turn up there and eat really hot curries. If you want one of these just ask for "Mark hot" but don't forget to put toilet roll in the freezer when you get home!

Seemed enjoyable last curry night there (19th march) according to the comments on the curry night archive.

I'll give it another chance, although last time we were here in March, I had the worst curry I have ever had in my life.

So why didn't you mention it on the cuury night thread in March?

P.S. Pre-curry drinkies anyone?

Well, not wanting to dismiss a particular establishment on the basis of one experience, I can now confirm the Taj Mahal in Nymphenburgerstr produces the worst Indian food in Munich.

Apart from the great TT company, the only redeeming feature of the meal last night was that they produced an attempt at real onion Bajis, however instead of crispy deep fried onion balls, what we received were soggy and flattened, something like a soggy undercooked onion baji burger.

I also had the Achari chicken tikka. The original quality of the meat was probably very good and the sauce also, but due to the overwhelming quantity of salt used on the meat, I was unable to taste anything other than salt.

In addition to the bad food, shortly after we had all arrived, they turned down the lights and played some noisy happy birthday pop noise. I wouldn't have minded had it not been so load and it went on for what seemed like 5 minutes, stopping all conversation.

It's a shame because the restaurant with garden could be very nice.

FYI, my meal in March was also completely spoilt. I ordered chicken Nilgri, scharf, which was also ridiculously salty and not even slightly scharf. They took it away twice, made it so scharf that it was almost inedible and added sugar in attempt to mask the salt, but just making the flavour disgusting. I actually wanted them to bring scharf sauce, but wasn't given the chance as it was taken away without an opportunity to even finish what I was saying, which was why it was taken a second time when I explained about it being too salty.

This Wednesday, the 11th, we're at :

Taj

Belgradstrasse 29, 80796 Munich

At the usual time of 7:30pm

Initially booked for 15 people.

There seems it be a chance of good weather this Wednesday

So I have asked for the outside seats with the possibility

of indoor seating if the weather fails us.

Cheers,

Rob

Good choice, bad timing - 0% chance of rain tomorrow

Or 58%, depending on whom you want to believe. But wetter.de has the dramatic thunderstormstrongwindhailallhellbreakingloose warning as well.

In a pinch we can take the food and run to my house, I live very close by in a solid building :D !

*nothing compares to a Florida hurricane*

Yeah... this week's weather is a lottery.

Hopefully, the poor weather will get pushed to Thursday.

If the weather turns out to be total pants, we still have seats inside

but thunderstorms or not ... there will be hot curry tomorrow.

Another fantastic night at the Taj. Maybe a tad less salt, then we've got the correct seasoning. The outside seating was really nice - off the main street but still busy enough that people weren't "shushing" us from the upstairs windows.

Any chance of a re-think? The weather is going to be good, so why don't we give the Shere Punjab (outside seating) near Münchenerfreiheit a go instead?

Morning,

Wednesday, the 18th will be at :

Restaurant Aangan,

Schleißheimer Straße 121, 80797 München

At the usual time of 7:30pm

Initially booked for 15 people.

Cheers,

Rob