Munich Curry Night - Archive from previous weeks

17,364 posts in this topic

What about tonight for a curry? Or perhaps better a few shandys in a biergarten?

can't make it tonight, but could't pass up this opportunity to sneak in a cheeky comment concerning Radler

it is shandy! no more and no less! it says so in the dictionary! ha!

J

PS: patron, une stella artois!

okok I'll come to the usual curry *yawn*.

Had an Asda chicken Jalfrezi in the UK at the weekend and it tasted JUST like the real thing. Cost about € 3.30 !!! Bleedin eck! I'm going to bring a truckload back with me in a month's time... the tikka masala was good too!

Managed to sneak 3 of them back with me in a coolbag. They tested the damn things for explosives at Heathrow!!! The explosives girl (nice, indian) was very apologetic and hoped I enjoyed them when I got to my destination... I didn't ask for any cooking tips :)

Heh! Something similar happened to me, NoGo. Cardiff? Not sure if I posted this before, but...

Security: "Is that your case?"

Noddy: "I think so. Its a bit far away, I can't really see."

S: (fetches case)

N: "Yes, that's mine."

S: "Did you pack it yourself?"

N: "Yesss..."

S: "Did anyone ask you to carry anything for them?"

N: "Noooo..."

S: "So everything in this case is yours?"

N: "Yesss..."

S: "Something is showing up as explosives on our scanner."

N: "Say wha'?!"

S: "Open your case please, sir."

N: "Yeah. Okay." (opens case)

S: (rummages through contents) "Do you often carry a loaf of Tesco sliced bread and half a ton of choccies with you when going abroad, sir?"

N(grinning): "I can eat some of it now if you want."

Apparently it just shows up as "organic material".

We meet at around 9pm (although I'm occasionally a few minutes late due to my German course). It looks like it's going to be a small turnout tonight, so I've not bothered booking - feel free to come along!

I'm not going to the curry evening this week I'm afraid - my company is having a "don't let the door hit you on the way out" party, and I don't want to miss the opportunity to accidently pour a maß over the heads of some of the managers...

I just wanted to say thanks for introducing me to the Sitar! I went there last Wednesday with my hubby and I was thrilled! I have been here a few months but no one has been able to introduce me to a decent Indian or Chinese restaurant. Any tips on a decent Chinese restaurant...?

There's a nice Chinese in Sendling, but I can't remember the name. They've got a pond in the place with fish in it. Not sure if you can select your main course from there though...

I'll miss the curry this week too, as I'll also be attending the aforementioned "don't let the door hit you on the way out" party.

shame about that...I like to see see my dinner breathing just before it's fried and coated in sauce! :P Thanks for the tip...I guess I'll check it out shortly..

Where are you all hiding?

Yes, the board is hiding posts from me again. Anything later than my "nice Chinese" post, actually. Except I see they show up in the "Last 10 Posts" list..

Noddy, you're not the only one... I've suffering at the hands of that particular feature... if my memory serves me correctly Ed Bob claimed it was the settings in my browser ... but I think he was telling me porkies...

Koala! Long time no read! I thought you'd dropped off the edge of the world.

I suppose its "nice" to know I'm not the only one who couldn't see some posts.

Hallo Noddy,

I'm still here ... I've not gone far... just moved house (across town to Kolumbusplatz) and had a slight tussle with Telekom trying to keep my old phone number, Internet access etc... Amazingly enough I came out on the winning side. That has to be a first!

Then I've had the annual parental visitation these last two weeks so the closest I got to a computer was stowing my laptop in the bottom of the wardrobe once we'd finished putting the all the furniture back together!

The flat still looks a little as if a bomb has hit it... but I might just be able to make the infamous curry night this week!

Koala

I knew about the move, Koala, but not about the rest. Glad you got it all sorted anyway. Two weeks with the parents? Mine are restricted to a long weekend :)

Don't know how many will be there for curry this week - looks like Spud and AM are wimping out. Not sure about me. Probablz not.