Munich Curry Night - Archive from previous weeks

17,139 posts in this topic

I won't be there. But I was there yesterday evening and Kumar kept saying to me, "23", "July 23", "23". I couldn't figure out exactly what his point was but he seems to have 23rd July etched into his memory. So I'd recommend you reserve even if it's only you and lover boy Jordigo to go. Just to save poor young Kumar from wondering whether a mob is going to flash his restaurant that evening.

Incidently, the world's best ever Sitar waiter, Shoki, now works at Bella Italia on Rosenheimer Platz.

Hasn't July 23rd pretty much been and gone by now? Or maybe I should book a table for July 23rd next year (except that it's a Friday, so even if I'm still living in Munich I'll probably be down the pub instead)...

July 23 was the date that started it all. Remember? two weeks ago Merengue, 16 folks showed up, and we didn't get mango shots :-(

Aparently, He remembers the date that we were a pain in his arse and brought it up last night to us. Course, he still gave me a free beer, as always. Gotta love the guy.

July 23 was the date that started it all. Remember? two weeks ago Merengue, 16 folks showed up, and we didn't get mango shots :-(

Hmmm nope, that was the 16th (and although nobody else got free shots, I got a free nan bread!).

Said I could go for a drink beforehand: Can't :(

Gotta go discuss who gets to keep the dead cat's eyeballs with my ex.

O Joy.

I moved to Munich a month ago and I am desperate to find some English-speaking company! I would love to come to curry night. Is there room for one more?

for table reservation purposes (if required): I may be bringing a mate (american, but nice anway :P )

Star: no problem for you to turn up, so see you later. I'm sure you'll recognise a couple of us from the pictures we've posted before. Check the maps earlier in this thread to find how to get there.

Is there room for 1 more? I wouldnt mind coming along again, its just the weather for it!! :D

Well we're booking the table at 4pm (when the restaurant opens), so for anyone posting up until then: No problem.

where are the drinks happening? I could come along for a cold one beforehand but will probably leave then...

AM: I don't know if that's when the restaurant opens, it just seems that they never answer the phone before then.

Bee: Drinks will be at the usual pre-curry-drinks venue, 8pm.

A few new faces I notice! Nice! And noone wearing black - what happened AM?

It's too hot for black.

Correction, AM, its too hot for clothes. I hope you won't be going that far though. Gad, you've just reminded me - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3130817.stm

To be honest I'm not sure what the fuss is about - why did people complain (prompting his arrest)? Because he wasn't a young beautiful woman?