Munich Curry Night - Archive from previous weeks

17,116 posts in this topic

Actually, the week before last 26 people said they were coming, and although a handful did actually cancel (at the very last minute), 16 turned up. Last week we had even more confirmations, but only around 10 turned up. Other times we've just been sitting there as more and more people (who we didn't even know were coming) made an appearance.

The problem is there is no real way to know how many people are really going to arrive, and that's just not really feasible with the way the restaurant is. It was easy when there were just a small number of us, as we could sit anywhere, but now its just getting too unmanagable. If Munich Dining Club wants to take the Curry Evening under its wing as another of those pre-paid events, that wouldn't bother me in the least, but personally I'm not really interested in organising anything official, as I simply don't have the time.

blah blah, just to get the next freaking page started! Work it out bob!

Hi All,

Going to have to pass on tonight...sorry. :(

wohohooooo ladznladiez! I think this *may* just be getting a wee bit out of hand.

flash back to the very beginning and picture a sole meringue, aquatic in nature, wandering the streets of Toytown, hungry, desperate for a curry. then, lo!, a vindaloo oasis emerges at the horizon... the meringue enters. he eats the vindaloo and sees that all is well. generous a creature as the meringue is, he decides to share the joy with the other lone wanderers of the Toytown tribe.

and all of a sudden one has to do anmeldepflicht in the weekly curry organisation? structures are being set up, procedures imposed, rules set...

no, dear friends, this cannot be the true meaning of curry night. ..

I wont be randomly turning up for a curry this evening.

But if I were to randomly turn up and there wasnt a seat, I wouldnt worry I would find somewhere else to eat.

Some poeple take thses things too seriously. If theres not room then there are plenty of other great resturants around.

Why not go mexican or thai, whatever takes your fancy?

how about a Toytown meeting in mcdonalds?

This curry thing is rapidly loosing is fun and friendly feel. Keep it free, keep it look keep it geeky ;) (see other thread...)

Pootle

I thought a true curry night involved drinking far too many pints of lager in the local, dashing into the Indian at 5 minutes past pub closing time, ordering curry, eating said curry, insulting the waiters, and being sick on the carpet on the way out.

Anyway, Pootle is right - if there isn't room at the big table, you can always sit at another one.

Right, let's try to get this back to the way it was before. Anyone who wants to come tonight, reply here. If by 15:00 today there are a large number of people (say more than 6) I will call up and reserve a table.

Pre-curry drinks in Gewürzmühle if anyone's interested.

keep it geeky

does that mean that you will be biting the head off a chicken? :blink: (also see other thread)

does that mean that you will be biting the head off a chicken?  :blink: (also see other thread)

only at the weekend when the moon is in the 9th position, the wolf is howling in the green field next to the brook, by the church of our lord st. mary?? :ph34r:

you wanna pencil that in your diary?? :huh:

Poots

We (SWMBO & I) will be there for drinks only. What time is everyone getting to the bar?

I will be at drinks at 8 and curry at 9. and if there's nowhere for me to sit, hey, that's okay. i'll figure something out.

It would have been 12, but NoGo, Noddy and SWMBO only came for the pre-curry drinks. NoGo and Noddy didn't seem keen to have their pictures taken anyway:

post-13-1059639299.jpg

My jalfrezi takeaway was a bit hotter than normal! Anyone else notice that the heat was turned up?

ok, i had the vindaloo so who am i kidding, but i thought it was much hotter than last time. it was so hot i got the hiccups and couldn't get rid of them forever!

Yes, they've made them hotter in the last couple of weeks. The owner mentioned it and asked us if it was OK. Of course, we said yes, the hotter the better.

Right then, I'm going to step down to kormas or tikka masalas...

Who's the girl in the fotos with the beer in the second row, third column? She's gorgeous! Nice beard!