Munich Curry Night - Archive from previous weeks

17,139 posts in this topic

I don't care who turns up, as long as they don't steal my vindaloo! But yeah, the more the merrier, it's just a bit annoying when people say they're coming and then don't turn up (because it makes booking a real pain).

I'm back in town (until they send me elsewhere at least). Will be there, I promise. Think I'll get the Vindaloo again!

oh, and if there's any interest in a cocktail at Gewürzmühle beforehand around 8ish, let me know.

I'll be up for a cocktail at 8. Not sure if I'll be up for a curry though: Gotta move a ton of rubbish from one cellar (old flat) to another (new flat) with a car the size of a matchbox. Means about 200 journeys. Waste of time really, but I haven't got the extra time to lug it all to the skip.

Next time I'll rent the space shuttle and dump it all in orbit with the rest of the junk up there.

yap, we've done that Biergarten gathering and wanna try something else such as that curry night.

Anyway, please count three people out for the curry night (that's include Enya). At least we wont add up to the weirdo department. :blink:

Slow down a bit guys. :( Most of the Toytowners ARE open to meeting new people. But this curry night does seem to be getting a little out of hand, Malc and Fred are right when they say that. Look at it realistically, a bunch of us just turning up at Sitar at random is not a practical way of doing things.

The guys at the restaurant may expect us to turn up on a Wednesday, but you can't expect them to second-guess how many of us are going to turn up and they certainly aren't going to turn other paying guests away on the off-chance that we turn up unannounced with 20 people expecting to sit together!

The best option would be to book a table or two. But we'd need to know for certain how many people to book for, and have enough time to give the restaurant advance warning.

For a large undefined group of people the Biergarten is a better option, maybe we should go for a couple of smaller tables at Sitar (six or eight people) we can always play musical chairs after dinner.

One less to worry about...

As much as I would like to be munching on a curry tomorrow night, I won't be able to make it. I'm stuck @ home with bronchitis. I'll have to catch you another time. Sorry. :rolleyes:

Don't know how many people the restaurant can officially seat - I guess 10 tables of 6?

Anyone else got a better guess? Malc? Aqua?

Nighthawk: The restaurant is a fairly decent size. The problem is that they only have one area that's suitable for putting several tables together for a large group.

If we don't book in advance they start seating couples or groups of 4 in it. Then when we then turn up with a group of 20, they have to start moving people off onto the other tables.

If it helps, sometimes they put tables out on the pavement in front of the restaurant - perhaps it would be easier to join up several smaller tables to make a large one if the weather is nice?

All very well Chimpy - if the weather is good! But if the weather is good, then everyone else grabs the tables outside before we get there and we have enough space to spread out inside... the problems arise when we getone of those random freaks storms that are so common to Munich summers.

NoGo,

if you want a small and intimate group of people, you just send PM's to a few...dead easy :D

Greetz

Enya

@Malcolm

Yep I know the problem you pretty much need to know exactly who's coming in advance, or the restaurant sets you up for 20 people and only 10 arrive, or for 10 and suddenly 20 are there.

Restaurants aren't good places for big groups, well not like Biergardens anyway.

See you maybe next time

Cheers

Jeff

Hi, I dont normally turn up to these curry nights but reading this thread I felt I should voice my suggestion as it does seem to be quite large and to stop people getting upset.

why doesnt someone (say aquatic as you started it all or spudbury etc) set up an email address (eg currynight@hotmail.com) and then state on this forum, anyone wanting to turn up must email to confirm by tuesday 5pm. late comers may be refused.

then you know how many exactly to book for and anyone who doesnt email but turns up well...its their tough luck if there is no table/space for them.

its just a suggestion, I mean no offense! :)

It would be easier to just say that anyone who wants to come must reply on this thread before 5pm the previous day. Setting up and maintaining an email address will just mean more work for whoever's organising it.

"why doesn't someone set up an email address (eg currynight@hotmail.com)"

Strange feeling of Deja Vu washes over me.

yeah but look how many people have said today they're coming and then now because of an off hand comment they're now not coming...they might tomorrow decide "ok, they didnt mean it badly and most TTowners do have the opinion the more the merrier so lets go"...

thats 3/4 people already who said yes they were coming...but then arent...but still might...

But I do understand your point, it would be easie,r but setting up an email address takes 1 minute and maintaining it takes nothing. u just need to check it every tuesday to see how many are coming.

If I was one for the curry night Id offer to do it but im not so I wont.

I agree with Bex, if for no other reason than her suggestion would improve the signal-noise ratio here.