Munich Curry Night - Archive from previous weeks

17,103 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

just have joined the Toytown (thanks Malcolm again) and would like to go for a dinner or something...sometime...So, there is my mail, my AOL Mesenger and all that...If SOMEBODY WANTS TO INVITE ME TO CAME ALONG :D

BYE

ENYA ( BILYANA)

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum... curry works for me - I'm on if you guys plan to meet next week.

Chimps

Yup, I would like to came along, as well. Gewürzmühle, must find the location (I thend to get lost in the Munich City).

Cheers

Enya/Bilyana

Enya, Gewürzmühle is on Gewürzmühlstr which is on the opposite side of the U-Bahn line from the Restaurant. You'll see it on the map that Editor Bob posted earlier in this thread.

Noddy, your comments about the burgers at Gewürzmühle reminded me of your idea to try to convince Germans that "burger" is pronounced "bugger". I'll give 20 Euros to the first person who can convince a German to refer to a burger without sauces/mayo as a "dry bugger".

I'll give 20 Euros to the first person who can convince a German to refer to a burger without sauces/mayo as a "dry bugger".

How about a "dry bugger between two buns"?

Enough of this filth, you should have your mouths washed out with soap!

Anyway, it reminded me of a mistake I often made whilst learning how to feed my face in German. I would always say " for Vorspiel, I'll have smoked salmon (or whatever, ok then soup)". I drew a few odd looks while Opa tried to cover up my blunder. Another common mistake is looking for a helecopter to take out a screw. Share your mistakes and give us a laugh.

To all the new TT's welcome.

I started with my German a few years ago...couldn't make a difference between Flugzeug (a plane) and Feuerzeug (a lighter)...And I'd say in German "ich kann mich nicht geniessen", meaning I can't enjoy myself...everybody laughed their heads off...Fries and mayo, ha, ha...Pulp Fiction :D

Hellow!!!

New too in Toytown... :D

Heard about this curry night from Enya. And sounds interesting ;). Love to taste Indian restaurants around munich...

So please count me and a friend of mine in then? This dinner starts like 9 pm this wednesday right?

U1 B)

Looks like the Sitar is going to be swamped by Toytowners again.

Is it really such a good idea to have so many people turning up?

If I was running this event I'd have to insist on not having so many new members coming along at the same time. Specially if they're going to bring their weird friends with them.

ok, then...if you "old" Toytowners are not about meeting new people and want to stay in your group, count me please out...and u1 too...

Cheers

Enya

Oh I'd better not come along then,

and I was thinking about it! :D

Well if there are too many just let me know and I'll take the rest to the Maharaja

Hawk

Yeah, I was there last week sitting over in the corner watching you lot and I have to say, what a bunch of freaks! I don't think you could stand anymore additions in the weird department. :lol:

Enya, that was not posted by the usual Toytowner.

The ones I know that go to the curries are more of the opinion "the more the merrier".

Anyway, these things aren't "organised", they just happen. And that's what's nice about it. When suddenely 16 people turn up, then it makes us all smile...

Anyone have any suggestions for making the groups small and intimate? Please apply for the job.

The easiest way to make the groups small and intimate is to insist that anyone attending shows up naked.

Put me down as a definite. Something a little less spicy this time me thinks.

NoGo, we have talked the other day, right? I have told other people about the Toytown (Canadians, American, few Irish) and they all we'll be joining soon...But, I really don't know what is Toytown about, how private etc...And, we are not about to annoy anybody who doesn't want to socialize...

Cheers

Hope will be meeting you soon again :D

Sorry everyone, I made the mistake of rising to the bait. Won't happen again.

grumbegrumble

Maybe Fred has a point, even if he did put it a little harshly.

Going to a curry might not be the best place for a bunch of new people to meet up. Perhaps a better place for that would be the Friday night pub crawl. Obviously the meet-up would need to be better planned though.

From the restaurant's point of view, I'm sure they appreciate the customers, but it does put a strain on them if a lot of people turn up in a huge group, especially if we don't reserve in advance. So it would make sense to try to keep the size of the group down to a sensible number.

Anyway, I guess it's up to Aquatic how the event is run, since it was him that started it off.

"a curry might not be the best place for a bunch of new people to meet up"

How about a beer garden instead? Has anyone thought of that perhaps?