Munich Curry Night - Archive from previous weeks

17,558 posts in this topic

considering this is within walking distance, would've been nice to come but have a work thing. would also like to possibly join afterwards.

Won't be able to make it afterall... deadlines too quickly approaching :angry:

Have a great celebration, Kebab Meister, and a fun night everyone! Get something HOT and SPICY for me!!! :)

Just signed up - can't believe there are that many people again. :unsure: Someone save me a seat, please?

I hope this post does not turn out to be blasphemous. I would love to attend the Curry Night one Wednesday but I really hate Indian curry. I am sure there is some ettiquette but is there any chance of doing Chinese someday.

@Topcat

Its not blasphemous just accept a simple "NO" and walk away with your tail between you legs

@ topcat 1

If you want to start a Chinese Night - go ahead and start one. But there will remain a Curry Night...if you read the history on CN, it has been going on for a few years now every wednesday.

But by all means - I am sure there are enough people who love Chinese Food and would happily go if you plan one. Start a new thread with a date and time and organize a restaurant to try.

Happy planning

I hope this post does not turn out to be blasphemous. I would love to attend the Curry Night one Wednesday but I really hate Indian curry. I am sure there is some ettiquette but is there any chance of doing Chinese someday.

Just arrange a Chinese night and invite people along

Edit : Beaten again, maybe Rus has a point :unsure:

why not just simply organise a Chinese food night. Look in the guidelines first though about how to organise a meetup. I just hope this does not become the Chinese front in another curry war.

Just arrange a Chinese night and invite people along

Edit : Beaten again, maybe Rus has a point

Does that mean I am saved from a dunking in the vindaloo?

I have not found a Chinese that I like yet and I have thought about setting up a night and looked at the guidelines. I could never understand why my English friends love Indian when I worked in Haywards Heath. Equally they could not understand the way we Irish love Chinese but a few of those that enjoyed Indian also enjoyed Chinese. Maybe someone with a little more quodos could organise the event

if you want it, you need to plan it.

I dont think any of the curry people are going to plan it for you.

There are plenty of chinese places listed in the restaurant reviews section so take a gander over there, pick one to try and post a day and time of when you will be going and others will most likely join in.

@Topcat

Its not blasphemous just accept a simple "NO" and walk away with your tail between you legs

I suppose just having a very mild tikka masala and drnking lots of water is out of the question

Not at all. You can do that. Just ignore the laughter and you will be fine

Not at all!

You will find most of the curries here are not as hot hot as in England.

There is always a good crowd and we wont mock you for drinking water

Hell, most people won't even notice what you're drinking, or eating come to that.

Well I really drink lots of beer. Busy tonight (at an Italian) but I will sign up for next Wednesday. Cheers!!

The only people that will be noticed are those sad sods amongst us that are blowing off steam and glowing like belisha beacons whilst tucking into the Vindaloo :P