Munich Curry Night - Archive from previous weeks

17,099 posts in this topic

I'll come along for a change, seeing as I'm on my own this week, was anyone else thinking of going to the Gewürz-whatsit for a cooling Helles for starters?

I still think you should get a commission Aquatic with as much business as you've brought them in the last 6 months!

Maybe you should book something just to be on the safe side though. It is looking like a regular mob tonight.

Can't make it for drinks beforehand but I'll be there around 9ish.

Looks like no-one else is up for a beer beforehand, so I guess I'll just turn up at the restaurant at 9 aswell.

/me checks armpits for unpleasant smell.

The staff weren't looking so pleased with us tonight were they Aquatic? We didn't even get any free mango shots!

Could have been the inconvenience of having to run off that couple from their table and offer them complementary beverages to compensate them or it might have been the fact that SIXTEEN people showed up without a reservation. Be a nice boy and give them advanced warning next time.

The staff weren't looking so pleased with us tonight were they Aquatic? We didn't even get any free mango shots!
I hadn't actually thought about that - but I got a free nan bread, so I wasn't complaining ;)

Could have been the inconvenience of having to run off that couple from their table and offer them complementary beverages to compensate them or it might have been the fact that SIXTEEN people showed up without a reservation. Be a nice boy and give them advanced warning next time.

Well as I never really know how many people are turning up, the most I could of done would have been to give a rough estimate. We didn't force them to stick us on the same table, either, and I really can't see them being upset at having 16 extra customers. Our food turned up pretty quickly as well, considering how many they had to cook for.

Well I recognise the usual suspects amongst those fotos, even blurred as they are (too much to drink Editor Bob? even the women look like they have facial fuzz). Can anyone put names/TT Monikers to the other faces? Do I detect another Sony face there, alongside The Meringue?

I am the one with the sunglasses

(second row, first from the left)

Hi Aquatic,

My apologies for not turning up last week I had to work late. I will DEFINITELY be there this week. It's quite hard to find a decent curry house in Munich.

Me too I am planning on coming, and I will bring a new face with me!

Nicolas... He's from France too (Marseille).

Greg.

Nicolas... He's from France too (Marseille).

frenchbloke II ? how will we tell them apart :wink:

I'll be there with +1 and Sick Boy.

Who else is coming? I'm going to book a table to prevent a repeat of last week. I'll book enough seats for however many replies are posted here.

Is anyone planning on meeting up beforehand for a drink?

I'll be at Gewürzmühle at around 8. I'm going to call up Sitar and book for around 12 people, which should be enough unless there are a load of lurkers who didn't bother to reply but will come anyway.

Good turn-out last night. Everyone who said they were coming actually came! As usual the curry was excellent, if a little spicier than usual.

Typically, after reserving a table in advance, we got there and found that the place was deserted. Guaranteed it would have been packed out if we hadn't reserved...

SWMBO brought Noddy along for a swift drink at Gewürzmühle, but I suspect it was only to prove that he hadn't done her in and buried her under his patio, Beth Jordach style.

This is true, and we popped into the curry house to say "hi" as well. Gewürzmühle does a mean burger, I must say (by "mean" I do not mean that they skimp on anything). My mouth is watering again just thinking about it. There goes my "no beef" rule :(