Munich Curry Night - Archive from previous weeks

17,492 posts in this topic

Maybe. Sh1t, couldn't we go somewhere other than a curry place? Must confess I have a hankering for Chinese or Japanese right now. Sticky rice... soy sauce... something-Teriyaki maybe... *dribble*

Noddy, if you want to organise something else, then go for it.

But I like curry, and that's what I'm going for on a Wednesday!

Table is booked for 7 people at 9pm:

me +1

aquatic +3

french bloke

animeli

sparkahck

Who's going to turn up for the pre-curry drinks?

3 Lions said on Monday that he'd be coming - but it was at the Weis'n, so he may have been drunk. Another poster on here sent me a PM and said they might come too.

last time i was in TT i did the all-you-can-eat japanese food for €21.50 which just opened at Münchner Freiheit. it was actually quite good and i was full for 2 days! yeah, the food was served on an assembly line type of thing. what sucked was all the smokers.

anyhow, what a bargain. so there, an alternative to curry nights. i believe the all-you-can-eat is cheaper sunday-thursday, maybe €18 or so.

Just before it all kicks off in here, can somebody explain to me where Sitar is, where you meet beforehand etc? Totally new in town and would maybe like to come along, perhaps even tonight. Thing is I don't know Munich, and what's more the map I have is about as much use as chocolate teapot...especially in this wind, snow, rain etc. that we've got today. BTW I live in Schwabing, as good as on the end of Leopoldstraße. Cheers,

:D

I wont be able to make this week, but I am hoping to get to next weeks before I am back in the UK again.

As for something different, I am up for that, I do fancy trying some Thai food at some point in the future, on a different night.

The curry night wouldnt be the curry night if you didnt have a curry!! :)

Right lets try something new here. As of now, and until Christmas I'm doing a dance on Wednesday evenings which means that I miss out on the curry evenings. Not my fault I wanted to do a Monday class but they cancelled it.

Anyway if there are enough interested parties I'm willing to try organising a 'complementary' event on another night ... Mondays and Thursdays suit me best. And, just for Noddy and everyone else who doesn't like curry, I suggest we try a couple of Italian or Chinese restaurants. Right now I'm going to and start a new thread. Comments and restaurant suggestions etc are more than welcome.

Hi, I'm up for experiencing this grand TT tradition and be nice to meet some new people, even if there aren't going to be any baltis. might manage to make it to the pub too.

I could have brought you one back if you'd asked, Brummie. Might have had a bit of trouble getting it through customs, mind.

Can you all tell my two guests I'm sorry, I'm sick? got a cold! They should turn up anyhow though... they're brand new and have no Telekom...

Gen - its going around. Lots of ppl at work with it, including me. Get better soon.

I only say that because if you do there's a good chance I will have managed to as well :P

Anyone up for a curry tonight? If Aquatic is away, we can make it 8.30pm instead of the usual 9pm...

Will this be the most that has ever turned up?