Munich Curry Night - Archive from previous weeks

17,364 posts in this topic

RRRRRRR. Who's that friend with you matey. I think he stole me buried treasure. RRRRRRR.

Ha, that's pretty funny. Apparently I spelled "arrrrr" wrong. I will need to brush up before the big day.

International Talk Like A Pirate Day?! Whatever next!

Their Top Ten Pickup Lines are absolutely hilarious, mind - "Prepare to be boarded" indeed! :lol:

Hey! And I'm The Cap'n!

"Some men are born great, some achieve greatness and some slit the throats of any man that stands between them and the mantle of power. You never met a man you couldn't eviscerate. Not that mindless violence is the only avenue open to you - but why take an avenue when you have complete freeway access? You are the definitive Man of Action. You are James Bond in a blousy shirt and drawstring-fly pants. Your swash was buckled long ago and you have never been so sure of anything in your life as in your ability to bend everyone to your will. You will call anyone out and cut off their head if they show any sign of taking you on or backing down. You cannot be saddled with tedious underlings, but if one of your lieutenants shows an overly developed sense of ambition he may find more suitable accommodations in Davy Jones' locker. That is, of course, IF you notice him. You tend to be self absorbed - a weakness that may keep you from seeing enemies where they are and imagining them where they are not."

Find your inner pirate: http://www.talklikeapirate.com/ppi.html

I'd like to go tonight. I'm about 90% sure that I'll be there, so could whoever's bookin count me in? It'll be my first ever curry night (with you lot, anyway). I went once, but left before actually getting to the restaurant

Right, so far we have:

Me +1

Aquatic +1

French Bloke

Karambos

SparkaHck

Marka

Hazza (maybe)

That makes 8, or 9 if Hazza turns up. I'll give the restaurant a call to book the table when I get home - that will probably be around 5pm-ish. This time I'll double-check on here to see if there are any more wanting to come along in the meantime.

Reply here if you're going for the pre-curry drinks. I'm not going to go on my own...

is it either geeks night out, or do gals not like curry (or are they scared of the guest list?). i met malc, and he wasn't soooo bad, but then again, everyone seems nicer after 3 cocktails :rolleyes: .

There's generally a fairly balanced male/female ratio, but not always.

And you almost met me at the party, too. Malc the spud dragged me halfway across the room, saying "quick, it's important". Then when we'd finally fought our way through the crowd, and I'd worked out why he wanted me to come over, you were completely focused on trying to get into some guys pants. You didn't even pause to say hi!

i think you fellas are gettin' off the topic!

i guess my manouvers (and your lustful charms aquatic) didn't work 'cause i left for home, alone.

too bad i won't be around for curry tonight. i bet thar are sum good pickins.