Munich Curry Night - Archive from previous weeks

16,191 posts in this topic

I should be there again. After all the tomatoes in my jalfrezi the other night though, i'll need to find a new dish.

I'm not much of a fan of tomatoes either (in fact I can't stand them), but as far as I recall the jalfrezi never used to have very many - you may just have been unlucky last time, or perhaps they had a different chef. Still, there are plenty of other good dishes; may I recommend the vindaloo? ;)

So lets all order Jalfrezi and I'll eat the tomatoes!

Me? I luuuuurrrve tomatoes. Squishysquashy.

I heard from very good sources - Hoddy and Her Famous Eating Monster - that the burnin'bum Chilli Chicken is a scorcher in the "tastes good" sort of sense. So go with that folks. Fewer tomatoes...

Can't come :( Doing a face-saving "I'd better work my arse off now or I'm for it" type of evening at the orifice.

Ahhh, thanks for that NoGo. I now have a suitable nickname for +1. Has a better ring to it than "you incredible hog" don't it?

And Aquatic, you try getting near my Famous Eating Monster's plate and he will bite!

Hi AquaticMeringue,

I'm one of the new people who might come tonight. Where is this Sitar place? I might come.

Greg.

A great turnout - 9 people! I hope to see some of you next Wednesday as well (plus there should also be at least a couple of new faces).

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to say I had a great time last night. Good to having met you. Now I'll know who posts what ;)

@Aquaticmerinue

Count me in for this week. I should be able to find the place off your directions.

3 Lions: You right stwange mister fwee lions.

On a different track: I'll be there too, and I may bring some peeps wimme as well. Well, I'll try.

I'd like to come too! So how many does that make Aquatic? By the sounds of it we may fill that place up!

Count me in for the curry as well - if there's still space for a little one? Not too sure about Gewürzmühle, Malc. If I'm early, I'll drop in and see if you're still there, otherwise see you all at Sitar.

I wouldn't worry about space: At 35 degrees I don't think there'll be many takers (other than us crazy catz) for curry tonight.

I think a place on the curbside is a must. Sorry AM :)

I think a place on the curbside is a must.

That will probably require us having the entire curbside to ourselves...

Jordigo, it's at the Sitar in Lehel at 9pm - just read back over the thread to get directions.

Considering the number of us who are apparently going, I'm honestly not sure if we'll all be able to sit outside - I suppose we'll just have to see. But sunset is at 9:08pm, which should drop the temperature to around 15°C. The weather forecast also predicts a thunderstorm...