Concert: Amy Winehouse @ Muffathalle

41 posts in this topic

I have a ticket for sale, anyone interested, let me know

The lady spent the night in prison yesterday... well well well... same question as always : will she make it next week ?

Overrated media darling who can provide a headline at the drop of a tab. Voice is adequate, but the albums are over produced. Live may be better with a less refined production behind her. My guess is that it depends on the night and what she did the night before. Wouldn't cross the road to see her. Probably just me getting old.

pals of ours saw her in concert a few months back and said she was shit.

She has the same attitude of that other drug addict who goes out with Kate Moss (whatever his name is). That being that the success and glory is his by right and that his god given talent will see him through. Which, sadly but predictably, it doesn't.

She has the same attitude of that other drug addict who goes out with Kate Moss (whatever his name is).

You mean 'used to go out with Kate Moss' - he's engaged to someone else now and she's hot and heavy with someone else too.

They're all tossers!

tickets are selling for up to 125 euro on ebay...

I sold mine for 93 each... good deal I guess!

I am curious to know whether she will make it tonight and if... in which state! <_<

Overrated media darling who can provide a headline at the drop of a tab. Voice is adequate, but the albums are over produced. Live may be better with a less refined production behind her. My guess is that it depends on the night and what she did the night before. Wouldn't cross the road to see her. Probably just me getting old.

I agree. I'd recommend Bernadette Seacrest if you are looking for something better. Do a google search, there are whole albums online for free :) (edit: legally!)

post-16951-1193236816.jpg

I was amazed when I read that she is welsh – she really has that accent down pat.

Or would the Americans realize that she is a phoney.

Well, Although the girl had obviously sampled the liquid pleasures of Munich she still came out and gave a great vocal performance imho. Pity she didn't really connect with the crowd. Backing singers had more than enough energy though!

I'm so glad I only paid 30EUR for that! She was completely out of it. She fluffed up her lines during her best known song, Rehab; had to ask her backing singer where she was before she greeted the audience; forgot the names of her band when she was thanking them. Her band were great, however, and the backing singers STOLE THE SHOW!!! But there was no real connection between her and her band and I got the distinct impression they were treating her with kid gloves.

It was an embarrassment and very, very sad. she obviously has talent but is in a bad, bad place. Let's hope she gets some help...

Agree with Soulhat mama. It was tragic and pitiful seeing her on stage. No doubt the lady can sing alright. Watching her trying to play the Guitar, which was clearly turned off for our own good, Heading back to the Bassist to try and get the cord right... Seeing her keep trying to roll up the hem of her dress because the Hair Clips (No Kidding) that she used, had fallen out... Entertaining in a twisted way. At times last night, I wondered if some of the crowd were there just for the music, or whether they were hoping to see her completely flak out and lose it.

That said, Band was good...well, they have to be because they just don't know what is going to happen on stage next.

As for missincat... Amy had a bottle of vodka for an excuse for messing up her lines ..what was hers ? Couple of good song... but what on earth was the Raspberry thing she tried to play at the end... Put everyone around me into fits of laughter.