The Vent - No Chat!

10,438 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Rest in Peace Mum... 

Oh Geof, I am soooooooooo sorry!

Did you get to see her?

Sending you the biggest cyber hugs you can ever find!

2 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Rest in Peace Mum... 

Rest in peace. You only have one mum.

Having lost a good friend from Myeloma a year ago and knowing what it does to the body I can only say she is in a better place. Is there anyone you can share your grief with? You know where I am.

Sorry about your mum, SpiderPig.  Wishing you and family lots of strength and peace during this time.

11 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Rest in Peace Mum... 

So sorry for your loss. I don't know what to say. I think with fondness of my mother every day. I have a few mementos of hers, everyday things like a couple of her tea mugs she loved, which I use regularly. One has "Mutti" on it. I'm drinking my breakfast tea from it now. I hope you can also get hold of some of her personal things to remember her by. 

I'm sorry for your loss, this is a very difficult time now.

7 minutes ago, bramble said:

I think with fondness of my mother every day. I have a few mementos of hers, everyday things like a couple of her tea mugs she loved, which I use regularly.

I think about my Mother every day too. I also have some of her mugs and her old tea pot with the knitted cover, which I don't actually use.

Unfortunately, travel is the big issue at the moment, ask someone to keep her stuff until you have the opportunity to get over there.

You know its called a cordless phone.

You know it hasn't got a cable attached to it - just a small battery.

So why did you leave it in the north wing, where we don't live, for two weeks

so that only by chance it was rediscovered.

PUT THINGS back where they BELONG for crying out loud.

Yup. So you did it again, father-in-law. You had to ask when I was going to take more German lessons after we have told you countless times that the German method of telling people to learn things by Bauchgefuehl or by memorizing is not something I believe in at all and, therefore, I won't waste my time or money.

So you had to ask.

Just one more time.

So you don't have to speak more slowly.

Or because you think that will somehow make me like people.

So you got your answer.

"I told your daughter that when we live in the US, we will speak German at home. Until then, I know enough German."

Sympathetic vent-

Reminds me of when my FIL asked my son if he was going to learn German or be stupid like his mother. My son had been here for one month and understood what he said. So did I. Then he wondered why we stopped visiting them.

Fuck 'em.

Leaving my flat this morning I found a hand written (in English) note on my doormat, telling me to turn off my bathroom ventilator as "it is too noisy, the whole building can hear it" (I live on the 3rd floor). Of course they didn't identify themselves...

I am so fucking annoyed...

Well, ain't that the way.  I was walking my 35 kg dog who is currently nursing a cruciate ligament injury and we saw someone sitting with his big Shar Pei (min 50kg). Just as soon as I thought, "Let's avoid this," the dog started running at us, snapping his retractable leash. Of course he put the beat down on my dog. Nothing bloody, but now my dog can't walk at all.

So, I was freaked out and my phone rings. Great time for a client call. I am sure I did not close that deal.

Ain't it just the way. 

Fuck you to the prick who decided to just hop on my bicycle yesterday and ride it off the pier into the ocean. People saw you and the police know who you are even though you probably won't be punished. We fished it out this morning but in a few months we know it will seize up and be unusable. I bought that bike last year because, guess what, my other new bike blew into the water and froze up over the winter.

Never mind the fact that we were out on anchor relaxing in the cockpit while waiting for the sunset and enjoying a bottle of Prosecco when our neighbor called and told us what happened. Talk about buzzkill. We were finally able to cook dinner after 21:00 after dealing with the marina folks and he police for some hours.

Just fuck you!!!