The Vent - No Chat!

10,330 posts in this topic

Yormas, München Pasing, I order a Large Cappuccino. Lots of other people waiting.

After a few minutes, Yormas girl shouts LARGE CAPPUCCINO! I look around, nobody is taking it. So I take it.

Out of the crowd, a frustrated shriek of disapproval. An awkward looking DB Schaffner appears, Pokemon style.

Disgruntled DB Schaffner: "ERRRRRRR warte! WARTE! Eigentlich ist das meine Große Cappuccino, Ich hab es bestellt bevor du überhaupt da wars! So geht das NICHT!"

Me: "Woher soll ich wissen, ob Sie etwas bestellt haben, als ich überhaupt nicht da wars? Ich hab ne Großes Cappo bestellt, jetzt ist einer fertig und keiner nimmt ihn, es wäre komisch, wenn ich ihn nicht nehmen würde, oder?"

DB Schaffner: Looks at me, furiously.

Me: "Wenn du so emotional wirst, Nimm den Cappuccino, das ist mir egal."

DB Schaffner: shakes head and Mutters under his breath, no eye contact.

Me: "Hallo?"

DB Schaffner (aggressively): "Ja hab Ich gehört!"

Me: "Dann komm her und hol deinen Kaffee."

DB Schaffner (aggressively): "Nein das will Ich jetzt nicht!"

Me: "Dann halt die klappe, bitte."

I feel like a lot of this country's people have a capacity to confront that far exceeds their ability to deal with confrontation.

You asked me to take several meetings with you on two topics. I do not like to meet because I think people waste time in meetings, so I doubled my normal hourly rate. You accepted, so then I had to meet you. I prepared on the two topics for six hours because I did not want to waste your time. In the meeting, you state that you never do research because you do not have the time with so many projects.

You're a fucking concept designer and copywriter. It is no wonder you think the work takes three times the amount of time it should. You don't research. I dread the client meeting with you.

I fucking hate Sparkasse.  They are always so nasty and strict to people in financial trouble.

I have no money. Not because i'm lazy but because I got completely shafted by a very big client and it takes 2-3 months to get another due to the sales cycles. I'm now at a point where I am working, and because I'm working I can't get any help, but haven't been paid yet. I can't afford rent or food. My poor boyfriend has been feeding me for weeks and can't afford to do it any longer.  I'm waiting for a very large tax rebate that's taking it's sweet fucking time. And I need to somehow buy flights to go back for my grandads funeral.  Anyway fucking Sparkasse. I have an account and credit card with them and I want to take out money from my credit card and put it into my main account so I can buy essentials. I've been putting it off because  I don't  know when I'll be able to pay it off but whatever. I discover I don't know my pin for the creditcard. Fuckity. They won't let me take out cash from the bank with ID from the credit card, only debit card. IF I HAS CASH IN THERE I WOULDNT HAVE THIS PROBLEM YOU FUCKING MORON. The woman was so unfriendly and mean about it too

This is the same bank that took away my overdraft when I lost my job and refused to give it back because I didn't have an income.  While I kinda get their point, the whole reason I needed the overdraft was because I didn't have a fucking income! They didn't care either, they were also pretty harsh to me then, telling its my own fault I lost my job and my problem to fix it. Like I wasn't already doing everything I could. I hate them.

I'm so stressed I'm struggling to work even though it's so important right now. I;ve pushed back as many creditors as I've been able to. I can't think about anything else and I'm hungry. I had two people wanting to rent out my apartment, one ghosted me and the other ended up finding somewhere else as I was waiting for the first one to respond and confirm. I just want all this to be over.

I sure would invite you over for a  meal if I were in Berlin, even with my then meager income. Is there anyway you could qualify for a top-up from the Job Center? If so, maybe you could get access to the Tafel right away to get some food. Or maybe another organization could help.

After 3 weeks in Spain and forgetting about angry Germans it was the time to fly back to Berlin and we are queuing up for boarding.   EasyJet.   There were 2 lines, normal pedestrians and priority people.   It is pretty obvious I, the wife and the kids are a family.   At some point, because of bad airport design, the queues merge, just to be split again in two queues after 3 meters.  Time to merge, the wife walks in, followed by the kids when an angry German lady starts to push herself in pushing the kids, they been kids do not care and squeeze themselves in.   I try to go in and the angry lady says loudly "Ich hab' priority".  I pointed out at my kids, try to continue, but she blocks me.  I open space for her and tell her "Es ist OK, gehen Sie zuerst und bitte pass meine Kindern auf".   She looks like she is going to exploit in anger and her teenager daughter tells her "Maaaaaaammmm ...".   At least there is some sort of hope.   The lady walks then behind me in total anger and she had some sort of problem, maybe luggage issues and was stopped in the counter forever.

Thanks a bl00dy lot Trainline you b@stard. How kind of you to tell me that after you have cancelled my (€120) train tickets to London this f@cking weekend, that you will give me my money back some time in the next 5 days. So now I've either got to pay €350 for the same d@mn trip, or get back in the car for another weekend of driving back to England...for the second time in a week.

Oh, if any of you want a lift to London or Reading on Friday (or back Saturday) let me know...

Sat on a bee first thing this morning when I came out into the cockpit. My arse is still on fire. Great way to start the day.

Nudity can be dangerous.

3 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Sat on a bee first thing this morning when I came out into the cockpit. My arse is still on fire. Great way to start the day.

Nudity can be dangerous.

Wouldn't have been a bundle of laughs for the bee either. :(