The Vent - No Chat!

10,332 posts in this topic

I'm travelling next week and wanted to buy a Bahncard 50% as well 

as my ticket on the Bahn.de site.

No problem you'd think... They can issue a temp Bahncard immediately

and I can use it to buy my rebated ticket.

But wait... small  print needs magnifying...

As I qualify for a 50% reduction on the card itself (as I turned 60)

I can apply (actually only apply) for this specially reduced card.

But not over the net unless I can wait 12 days before using it.

To: Deutsche Bahn 

I've been a customer with a Bahncard on and off now for 10 years.

You know this.

And you're telling me now that all this time you wanted my DoB but 

never actually needed (or believed) it ?

12 days to check by age or I can go to a DB Centre and they'll give me a temp card for immediate use.

Local travel agency for tickets can't do this (as you won't let them)

Can't read my Ausweis over the net ? Or get post ID ?

Or use my history with you ??

Beamter institution dragging itself kicking and screaming from the 19th into the 20th Century.

20 yrs behind what's possible for other service industries.

Wake up !!!

Grrrrrr

A third world problem that is actually a first world one in this case. My water bottle is empty half an hour before my train arrives at its destination. :angry:

For the young man who thought it would be funny to make a smart remark on my review of the veterinarian who killed my dog through his neglect, let us pray.

I have a perfect right to walk past your house on a public footpath with two leashed dogs behaving themselves. I do not want you to come out of your house twice a day, hands on hips, scowling like Ena Sharples  and shouting at me, you old witch.

There‘s a reason I called you a fascist.

Next step: to have my SmartPhone video camera on and record you and then onto Facebook, which even the Mayor here uses. He likes dogs!

To the other old witch down the road- I have a perfect right to walk past your house on that public pathway as well.

We never complained when your son pissed against your door and on the pathway in front of your house twice a day till he passed away.

And, bigot, why don‘t you get proper sewerage installed instead of emptying your pisspot onto the pathway?

This is the public path from this morning. This time the witch´s scabby husband was in his car and started shouting at me when I passed with the dogs half an hour ago. I asked him to stop and he called me a son of a bitch (malaca). I lost it, showed him the middle finger and told him to fuck off and warned him I´m going to Yianis (the local Mayor ) and the police.

I will not continue to be bullied by this scum in the village. They are all over the place and all have one thing in common: old bigoted bullies, xenophobic and no wonder they had a military junta in place here in the 70s. Authoritarian mentality.

Shame I was holding the dogs and couldn´t take a film of him and only of the car from  a distance afterwards.

When my partner Nicole is back from Hamburg in the next few days, we will gather some real filmed evidence of their hostility.

Bastards.

That old woman left a poisoned dog outside her door a couple of years ago for hours and said nothing. Because it was a Greek neighbour who poisoned the dog I was feeding as a stray. .the risk of vendetta etc.

By the way, there are dozens of dogs owned by Greeks running around freely and not on a leash but nobody complains.

Utter vile scum.

IMG_1130.JPG

Have to laugh at myself! I was mentally prepared for a show down with either the old male bastard or the old female bastard so I switched my SmartPhone camera on video mode and led three dogs on leashes down the public pathway this morning..

There he was , staring at me outside his house. With one hand, I filmed him! But the sun was in my eye (NOT eyes..as some of you may know!) and keeping control of three dogs in one hand...he looked shocked but said nothing. I smiled.

Got back home and I´d filmed a wall and not him!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

John: note to self. Wait till Nicole is back and four hands and three eyes are around!!!

If my suspicions about being spied on by key-stroke program or other computer app are ever verified I may just tell the whole world about your upcoming dick op. You will deserve it.

Crappy German Wanderkarte. These things are absolutely shite, the scale is good but the lines marking the routes are so thick, they destroy so much important detail like where a number of paths come together. Little things like the water pumping station we passed today that would have helped us to find on the map where we were isn't even on the map. No wonder just about every other tree in the forest is marked with the route's identity marking.

We bought a Garmin handheld navigational aid, supposed to help with walking and all that. So why is the map detail the same as the one in the car? Give me old fashioned British OS maps anytime, at least they are clear and detailed enough.

I really wish it didn't take you three days to mow your orchard. And I really wish you would buy yourself a new quieter lawnmower. One that you could sit on and go quicker perhaps? That one you push and dates from 1970 is indestructible. But it is seriously impacting the quality of a lot of people's lives.

I want to attend a particular concert at the Hamburg Elbphilharmonie (Elfie).

Tickets are only available after 10:00 on the 20th June. OK. So I log in

and try. And try. And try. Message (should I actually get a response) :

Max number of users exceeded. Please try later.

3 hours later .... Suddenly I'm through - but no tickets left. I try several different concerts

up to April 2020 (!). All gone - only a few isolated tickets (not next to each other)

I imagined that only the one concert had ticket sales start today - but no

the whole season starts today. What sort of queueing system is that. 

And where are the tickets anyway?

Wasted hours on the phone (please hold the line) and the computer trying to get in

and then find they've all gone. 

Definately won't be paying someone on Ebay over the odds for the concert.

Why can't you simply open the sales for each concert 60days in advance (or whatever).

Then your servers won't be overloaded with half the world trying to get bookings for a whole season.

Oh yes, I remember.

This is Germany.

Grrrrr

Dear Discount supermarket shoppers...

Stop picking up almost every single punnet of fresh fruit and squeezing it!!    Just put the fucking thing in your basket!

No wonder all the fruit is soft and soggy come 1300hrs as every fucker has man handled it!... 

Have you ever wondered why the produce at a baurnmark is better... firmer.. etc? Its because the farmer usually selects the produce and packs it in a bag for you!!  He doesnt give it the "Hovis" squeeeeeze!...

Fucking idiots!

Yes, this is exactly what I needed. It's not like I had anything better to do than reseat the gasket on an 18 month old washing machine. Nope. That makes my day complete.

For fucking fuck sake postbank!! First you force me to change my online banking to that fucking depot shit - I don't have a fucking clue what depot even is and I have zero interest in finding out. Then you make me change my fucking login details from account number and password to some stupid fucking postbank Id and password. WHY?? WHY?? I was happy as I was!! I don't need another fucking lame ass password to remember (jesus christ am I sick of having to come up with new fucking passwords). And now, NOW! For some no-doubt bullshit reason, you are getting rid of mobilTAN, which works absolutely fucking FINE by the way, to some stupid fucking BEST SIGN bullshit, for which I need a goddamn app for, only ooh ooh guess what, the app is only available on fucking android and itunes, and what do I have? A windows phone! So either I buy a stupid bullshit device for 30 bullshit euros, so that I can continue to pay my fucking bills after July, or I have to get a completely new fucking smartphone, which I can't fucking afford right now because I am trying to save every last bloody penny for our wedding! I'm broke as fuck as it is! And if I opt for that stupid fucking device, and suddenly need to pay a bill while I'm at work or in England, I need to bloody have it on me don't I? And if I don't, tough fucking titty isn't it!! What kind of fuckery is this!! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MOBILTAN IF IT ISN'T BROKE DON'T FUCKING FIX IT!!!

When you are still the "new kid on the block" at work, who is about to sign a contract, and is caught  between your only 2 work mates having an argument dissing each other and then running off to the boss blabbing their side of the story..FFS!  Piggy.in.the.fucking.middle is nowhere near it...

on the very much brighter side... am off to New York for the summer...

What a scourge on society you parasites are. You rammed your way through a barrier onto our football pitch, hooked up to the free water supply intended for the fire-fighters and demanded the local authority provide you with dustbins "because it is the law". And tax payers will fund all this. If you live up to your reputation there will soon be no fruit on our trees or vegetables in our gardens because you will have helped yourselves. The rate of burglaries and damaged property will mysteriously rise. The mayor was unfailingly polite to you and provided dustbins. He has to let you stay for a month. It is the law. And if you are left alone to sponge off the rest of us in peace presumably you will be back next year. With more of your friends.

On the autobahn and need a loo break.

So I pull in.

The urinal informs me of its MAC address whilst I stand there peeing into it. 

Urinals don't need MAC addresses.

Again:

Urinals don't need MAC addresses.

Bloody hell....it started to tell me that Android was booting. 

If Big Data is analysing my urine, they can keep it.

Do not roll your eyes Heavenwards when it is our time to go on.

Do not pretend you have any authority about giving us a spot. It is not your decision.

And do not pretend you don't know what I mean when I ask you if you really did roll your eyes just then. Where are your testicles? And what of good grace? And what of politics? Because actually, you will be needing us. Idiot.