The Vent - No Chat!

10,303 posts in this topic

People that have jumped on the bandwagon to make a quick buck through Airbnb. Hotels and B  and Bs do have some sort of star rating, but on this platform all the feedback is from previous guests. ( Or is it?) I'm currently staying in a house that could have been used for the Addams Family. The 100+ reviews all said pretty much the same, quiet and clean. Quiet yes, clean NO. Our bathroom hadn't been cleaned and our bedroom hasn't seen a vacuum for weeks. Our hostess is far from accommodating, telling me this morning that I was a "bit late" preparing our breakfast. This is the point of Airbnb, you look after yourself. And as a PAYING guest, she should be thinking of our needs not her own. When I had a similar experience in a pub through Booking.com they kept asking me for a review, I declined. However they kept on so I told them how bad the place was. They never posted my review. It appears that Airbnb are only the middle man so don't give a shit about your stay so you have no recourse. Money up front, so you're fucked.  How's your weekend going?

What a dick. Do you realise what you wrote? (This is not a reply to you hooperski!!)

What the fuck??? 

Rulz rulz rulz...     In the local rag its written that any Shrub, bush and tree cutting needs to me done before the end of Feb!!!  

Reason?  So all the brooding birds can nest blah blah blah...

BUT, there are almost no more flies and insects for them all to survive!!   

I think if you stop the over use of pesticides, there will be more insects.. more birds and non of this bullshit about trimming your bush!

Fecking idiots!

We are not just there for the pleasure. It is actually hard work and requires concentration and if you talk in a loud voice (because you are deaf - so why hang around?) for long enough, bloody hell lady, yes I am going to start to show my irritation. And G..., please go on your way. Do you really think we need a chaparone all afternoon?

Would have been nice if you two could have been honest to me.

Don't try that bullshit you couldn't tell me because of how I "would take it".

Does hiding things, waffling around and straight up lying make any easier for me "to take it"??

No, I won't blow up and confirm your preconceptions of my oh so weak person.

I'll be perfectly calm - just with a... modified opinion of you.

I now do editing and writing for a living. I offer my service at a radically reduced rate to German university students because I am civic-minded and because I can. I know similar services from large providers like Scribbr can cost them more than double what I charge them. Why do they persist in telling me I am too expensive for students? No, I have many clients who are students. I am only too expensive for you. So, darling child, go and use that fellow student who is charging 50 cents per page (!!!). I simply do not care.

To the woman who whipped my dog and me with her leash today because my dog sniffed at yours, come on back so we can finish that conversation. I really fucking dare you.

my vent: posts containing bare news links, commented news links, chat, jokes etc.  THE VENT IS A NO CHAT ZONE ABOUT THE ASSHOLES THAT ARE RUINING YOUR LIFE!!! ABOUT SCANDALOUS BITCHES AND LYING BASTARDS!! IN YO RL.

There are tons of other threads for links, jokes, and commiseration (Why are you unhappy today, for example).  I miss the forum feature with the subtitles.  After the "upgrade", the Vent--No chat! became The Vent.  "Why are you happy today? Let's hug each other and be merry" became Why are you happy today.  "Why are you unhappy today?  Let's lean on each other for support (or something like that)" became, you guessed it.  But the Vent has been the forum's only, and therefore sacred, chat-free thread for thirteen years.  Where you can cuss, cry, scream, wish hexes on people, plot revenge, plan murders... no, wait.  

Actually, this is getting too meta for the Vent.  Going to report myself now.

I am angry with myself. I have just lost the third pair of gloves this winter.  I was sat a bus stop on the other side of town and remember taking my gloves off and now they are missing. Three pairs of gloves lost in one winter, unbelievable.

that sums it all up.  I feel like every moment of every day lately, I AM mr bubz (and fuck the youtube poster who misspelled my name - aaaaaagggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

Jesus Christ, I made the mistake of briefly reading an article or two on the Local, and was horrified by the poor writing - clunky phrases and bad English that looked like it had been witten by a Swedish intern (it probably was).

Won't be doing that again in a hurry. :(

... back to Guardian and Independent...

If you have three kids by three different women, if there's a kid out there who you admit you have not seen in more than five years, if you are constantly bitching about the cost of having kids, how do you fucking dare get a woman purposely pregnant to have yet another kid you can't afford and do not have time for? Dafuq wrong wityou? Then you wanna talk about how people need to take care of themselves when your "libertarian" ass is using the social systems of two countries to get your children cared for? Fucking loser. Fuck you a million times.

He treats you horribly, makes you feel like shit. Takes the time to write music and multiple verses to a song about how much of a bitch you are. He threatens to kill you. To break your bones in a way that it will never heal properly again. He hurts you physically. He scares you. He pushed you up against a wall while you were pregnant with his child. He physically hurt you while you had his child in your arms... But one fucken tear from him and you're appologising to him?

I'm doing my best to be a good friend and a good listener, but I don't understand. There are plenty of single mothers out there, making it work. I think I'm starting to be a little harsher now. Thing is, I simply don't understand??

No, you lovely, dumb redneck, there is no prohibition against vaccinations in the Jewish faith. Do not take your big, dumb, redneck ass up to Williamsburg to guard the poor yids. They will think they are under attack.

Thank you removal company, you managed to transport all my cheap, easily replaceable things without damage.

Sadly, not so for my standing Tiffany lamp, some now irreplaceable glassware (lead crystal bought 40 years ago & hand (or is it mouth?) blown one-off grappa glass.

Then there's the antique writing bureau whose drawers don't work properly any more. Internal repair needed.

Plus the original Jugendstil kitchenware.

I still have four boxes of valuable, treasured and also irreplaceable ceramics to get through ...

After that we're mainly down to books, surely you can't have damaged those too, can you?

Plus I have to drive back to Erding to pick up all the items you somehow just left standing there, bloody 'ell.

Not a happy Malty, hope you're very well insured.