The Vent - NO CHAT!!!

10,498 posts in this topic

After procrastinating for the last 3 months about asking for a raise, I finally asked and he gave me a lousy 75€ a month! That's after 5 years with no raise!

After happiness of the other day, today is getting worse. I have just been berated over the phone by my boss for questioning him and his judgement and told I need to take work more seriously.

Basically I was having an email 'discussion' over process getting in the way of deadlines and then sent him this cartoon:

post-6373-1156324626_thumb.jpg

courtesy of www.dilbert.com

Didn't help I had to explain it to him.

Incompetent staff and a twat of a boss. Great. :angry:

I'm now in a bad mood because I ripped open my little bag of Mini Babybel cheeses only to discover that I accidentally bought Babybel Light cheese. :angry: Low fat food is crap.

Got woken up by the doorbell 3 times this morning which put me in a shitty mood for at least half of the day (ok technically it wasn't morning). First time was the postman randomly ringing one of the buzzers (to be let into the building). The second time (half an hour later) was someone delivering a package and the third time (half an hour to an hour after that) was someone ringing the buzzer to our apartment door. I only got up to answer that one as I thought it would be one of the neighbours - instead what greeted me when I opened the door this time was the sight of a gypsy with two kids muttering stuff in romani (I presume), sticking her youngest child in my face and trying to force her way into the damn apartment because some dumb arse (probably the package dude) left the door to the building open.

un-be-fucking-lievable! There's one washing machine in the basement and there's a load in, and my basket's there obviously waiting to be next. I've been checking every ten minutes so I can get it in as soon as the other one's done, and I just am on my way down the stairs and and a lady comes up and says "Sie werden mich bestimmt schlagen" and tells me she's just put -- ANOTHER load in. Oh it's just Kurzwäsche! Oh FUCK! Ach ja ich bin so spät nach Hause gekommen und ich habe schon Dreckschlangen in der Wohnung -- yeah and I have NO NEED of clean clothes, I don't care if I smell, oh and I get home early every day and sit around until the machine's busy because I like to use it when someone else has just finished and I don't mind waiting either and it's TEN-THIRTY AT NIGHT ALREADY AND THE DAMN MACHINE WON'T BE DONE UNTIL MIDNIGHT!

Next time I'll take a book down and sit next to the machine to read until it's done. FUUUUUUUCK!

I can so relate Gen,

we have to sign up in my building (as there is a large laundry area), but everytime I go down, someone tries to take the machines or has taken them. Tonight I only needed 3 of the 4 machines, and someone put a load in the empty one, that is fine- but then they actually wanted one of the dryers (there is only 2). I said No! Well, it won't take long they said, I said they have to wait til I am finished, as I was smart enough to sign up for the machines. <_<

Next time I'll take a book down and sit next to the machine to read until it's done. FUUUUUUUCK!

Ha, I used to do that in the first few apartments I lived in in Munich and also in Stockholm. Great fun when someone tries to slip in and you're sitting there with a "Oh d'ya bloody think so" look on your face. It's better now though, can't beat a washer in the apartment. I've just put a second load on. First was clothes, second is bed linen. Now I just need to sort a dishwasher and my life will be complete.

Washer - Check, Dishwasher - Check, Dryer - Nope :(

Summer great and dishes clean and washing dried on the maiden in 3 hours or so, Autumn, Winter and Spring, still clothes on the balcony or in the flat and 2 days to get dry clean clothes :(

Options :- Wash the dishes and put a dryer in the kitchen where the dishwasher is or be an idle swine and leave the dishwasher where it is.

So when you see me in a damp shirt . . . . :ph34r:

Options :- Wash the dishes and put a dryer in the kitchen where the dishwasher is or be an idle swine and leave the dishwasher where it is.

:o You mean they make you wash your own dishes at the Outland?? ;)

Or a perhaps easier and less cost-intensive alternative: buy a fan and set that to blow on your clothes overnight. Bingo-bango. Problem solved. B)