The Vent - NO CHAT!!!

10,485 posts in this topic

I have a good thing: When I went to pick up my grandparents at the airport this morning, I bumped into Oli Kahn, Lukas Podolski :wub: , Sebastian Schweinsteiger and co. :D All better looking in real life than on TV in my opinion.

I have a good thing: When I went to pick up my grandparents at the airport this morning, I bumped into Oli Kahn, Lukas Podolski , Sebastian Schweinsteiger and co. All better looking in real life than on TV in my opinion.

ah! lucky you.

how many times did you bump into them jenny

and exactly how much bumping was involved :ph34r:

Oh, that I could have been so lucky. Not nearly enough bumping or grinding for my liking. :unsure:

Fucking delayed flights!!! Five of the eight flights that I have been on in the last two weeks have been delayed, not because of weather or other natural causes, but because the flippin crew was late, the plane was late, or there was no bloody pilot!!! I spent HOURS in Atlanta, Key West, and Cincinnati airports, waiting for fucking planes!!! That is NOT how I wanted to spend my vacation. So folks, don't fly Delta. They suck. :angry:

I had this several times last week with Lufthansa and American Airlines, I am kind of glad I am not the only one.

My allowance is cut by the BafögAmt cos my father is alleged of earnig too much so it's cut and I can't pay my rent anymore.

The tricky thing is that I can't take a minijob cos I'm only allowed to earn up to 220€ to my allowance. If I earn more it has to be taxed plus the allowance would be cut by the amount I'd be over the 287€.

So I've to do 3 minijobs to finance my flat etc. I'm so angry atm but it's better than 2 hours ago when I shouted at the staffers office.

Shit happens sometimes :(

P.S.: If I'd be unemployed I'd earn a bit more. When I think of this b**** who's unemployed and has now ambitions to get work... Flat paid, driving license paid, expensive furniture paid. Heard that she gets 1000€ and me?

Unbelievable. One reason to get out of this country! Poor Germany :(

Fucking delayed flights!!! Five of the eight flights that I have been on in the last two weeks have been delayed, not because of weather or other natural causes, but because the flippin crew was late, the plane was late, or there was no bloody pilot!!! I spent HOURS in Atlanta, Key West, and Cincinnati airports, waiting for fucking planes!!! That is NOT how I wanted to spend my vacation. So folks, don't fly Delta. They suck.

Uh-oh. We flew Delta via Atlanta last sunday - every flight went well, on time and the flight crew were *gasp* nice. The only problem we had was getting the reserved car from Hertz. After an hour dealing with a Brazilian (?) in Utah and explaining in my talking to a German voice that I don't give a flip why there was a problem I expected it to be fixed (supposedly my travel agent forgot a number, which I don't really buy) and my kids asleep on the chairs they gave me a really nice upgrade. At the end she thanked me for keeping my cool, I guess dealing with Germans for so long teaches you a few things about patience...

Though we still have 4 more Delta flights to go...

The saga continues... Ok, so not Delta this time but US Air. When I flew to the States two weeks ago, we were delayed leaving Germany by an hour. Somehow we managed to make up the time in the air and land on time. HOWEVER, Philadelphia airport is the most asinine airport I've ever been to and I barely made my connection in time due to the bloody layout of the airport and having to go thru security twice!!! I'm all for security but really, how much trouble can I get in between baggage claim and the next terminal??? There's nothing there!!! Anyway, so I made my flight which, surprise surprise, was delayed. Then, we proceeded to sit on the tarmac for 2 hours waiting to take off because traffic was that backed up!!! Unbefuckinglievable. So, coming back, my flight out of Baltimore was delayed but I still made my connection (luckily). Unfortunately, my suitcase did not. My luggage is still sitting in Philly with a good chunk of my worldly possessions inside of it. :angry:

@ chrissy

i never lived in my own place when i was a student. so you can still count yourself lucky.

fucking princesses I work with! God forbid they have to do something extra for the office! Fuck we are paid well, and 10 min a week of our time is no biggy to clean the rooms up for the next person coming in to work, oder? :angry: