The Vent - NO CHAT!!!

10,568 posts in this topic

So a client's payment couldn't be taken and the insurance company asked me to check with the client if the bank account is ok etc. They sent me a form to fill in. Checked with the client. Account is fine now. So I filled in the form, stamped and signed it and scanned it onto the PC.

Right, which email address? None on their stupid form.

No bloody email address.

So, basically, they want me to go to a post office, queue up behind ( and in front of ) the Covid-exhaling individuals.

Have these companies moved onto the 22nd century? How about a bloody email address? You are a major company.😡

Amazon, so far up their own geeky arses they don't make it easy to contact. I bought a pressie from Amazon France for someone living in France, they received it and it was paid for. Since Jan I'm getting emails from Amazon.fr telling me that the item won't be dispatched until it's been paid for. As they think it's a live order I cancelled the order which they accepted. Fuck me but up comes the same email every fucking day. FFS does no one actually think about putting a contact email address? Why is it so hard for a modern supposedly customer savvy company to put in place a simple system that allows customers to report an issue. Too many fucking geeks and not enough people with common sense thinking through the process properly me thinks.

I hate it when people just post links without any information like a quote from the link. I think that used to be a TT rule.

I don't click on those. Ever.

I am mightily annoyed at the state of the streets around our office area. Broken glass on the pavements, fag ends everywhere by the thousands , a squashed dead rat, someone chucked a sofa onto the street, two supermarket trollies abandoned on the pavements. 

It is not only " big business " making the local environment filthy- it is ordinary people.

Which part of 'your boat is a rat  and cockroach infested rotting wreck that I wouldn't trust to cross a boating lake, let alone 1000 miles of ocean' do you not understand?

Now pay up and shut up:angry:

Time wasters!

Our heat and water Nachzahlung bill came. € 500. It was € 414 last year. We are out of the country for about 4 months each year.

How do people without money afford this shit?

My power bill *doubled* in 2020 because of Covid (work from home), and stayed high for 2021. It might get interesting for this year.

Are you mining Bitcoin in your home 👻?

A friend of mine did that for a living and had several servers at home. It was always warm in his apartment: no heating needed. He paid a 4-digit amount electricity...per month.

Dear German mother in law….just stop your renewed venom towards me. I’m not some kind of enigma.

For my health and emotional reasons, not to mention the stress that you cause your beloved son, I won’t play along with the family unity fakeness that you expect of me. Just don’t judge me by your own standards……you don’t know me at all because my emotional intelligence is a world away from yours. 

You guys wanted me to decide if we join the event this year with our exhibit. I'm game because there's a lull (albeit maybe temporary) in Covid and we can pull it off this year.

Then the organizer sets the date a week earlier, doesn't communicate if and when we can set up... I figure out stuff.
You constantly complain about others in our group and about every little thing I'm doing wrong or just a trace late. Hey! I'm not retired with a ton of money like you!! I work full time and have major real life issues to deal with aside from the event in my free time!
Then you have a big argument with one of our major people, and fill my ears with your angry phone calls... while I'm trying to organize equipment and people.

Yes, I said I would decide on Tuesday. Yes, I'm sorry I couldn't write the mail that we'd go for it  before midnight after a very long day.
No, it's not cool that you as our contact person adamantly refuse to call the event organizer. And it's not cool to yell at me on the phone about you not wanting the stress, and your printer is broken, and all my perceived mistakes, but you would maybe go to the event (and be one of the Big Guys there), but it's on me to call the event people with a number you grumpily email me but refuse send as a text so I can call *right away*... while I'm desperately juggling work, financial stuff, my health, and had just cried after closing Dear Deceased Relative's account at the nursing home, giving a card to the people there, taking a last walk there...

I come home and sit down at the computer, still shaking from that last bit of grief and fresh anger.
I think of the lady in the subway, sitting in a wheelchair with mobile breathing assistance. A person dealing with *real problems*. And who looked positive and friendly.

You've sent me another very grumpy email about what I've done wrong.
I answer with the cancellation of our participation of the event, and forward to the other members of the mailing list.

You suddenly backtrack, you *didn't mean to pressure or blackmail* me, sure we can do it! HA!!

I coolly answer it's already said and done.

Everybody has has been notified of the cancellation.

Silence from you.

I'm a bit sad because it would have been nice, but we can do it next year. Or somewhere else.

I'm also relieved to be rid of the stress. Might be nice just to go to the event as a visitor and meet some people.

Oh for heaven's sake! Won't somebody help? Obviously it's a deep trauma - give the poor man a balloon so he stops whinging! 

Perhaps, just perhaps, if you cannot work where there is more than one conversation happening, you should not work at the front desk of a busy doctor's office.

That being said, the next time you even think to shush me while I am trying to get service from your colleague, reception worker, you are going to receive a Post-It note with "Kostenstelle" written on it and I will then place one on my shirt that says "Einkommensquelle", since you seem not to understand who you are in this transaction. 

This time, I held my tongue because you are obviously getting on in years and might be hard of hearing. I won't tolerate your impudence twice.