The Vent - NO CHAT!!!

10,477 posts in this topic

Why oh why at every frikkin train station, and at every frikkin stop, do they have to announce all the impending train departures. I've got a frikkin timetable, I've got to frikkin Munich, I know what I'm doing FFS! I'm not interested in knowing when the next train to frikkin Venice is!!!

I've found that my anger and rage has built up so much in the last few days it's now turned into a kind of melancholy feeling.

So basically I'm angry about the fact that I'm not angry and that I've resigned myself to this shit. :(

have been stranded on monkey island because of a little bit of rain and a bit of lightening... usually a fan of Easyjet but am now feeling like telling them to shove their cheery orange planes right up Stelios' arse...

Easyjet - I once had to wait for 5 hours (ok the Italaians were on strike), it took easyjet 4 hours to decide to fly in another plane from Edinburgh!

Had a skin cancer check-up in May and the doctor concluded that a couple of not-so-beautiful looking beauty spots would have to go (as they were pre-cancerous). Instead of taking them out right then and there (like what would have happened in Australia) the doctor said I would have to come back later to have them removed. I was then sent to the front desk to make a new appointment - only to find out that the soonest I could take care of the problem would be in July. (Over a month later, in the middle of summer and in a new quartal). Fast forward to now - it's July, I have stiches in my back that I'm not allowed to get soaking wet, it's fucking humid and all I want to do is go swimming (I'd also like to be able to take a nice long shower without worrying about getting the stitches saturated) ... I can't wear any of my nice singlet tops without exposing the ugly patchwork display on my back ... and am just generally pissed off at the shitty timing.

So concludes my rant for the month.

I have a vent: I'm doing a trainee program which allows me to switch departments once in a while. I finally get to do the cool rotation starting next week in Marketing and my colleague from my normal department put me down as her replacement for when she's out of town the next 3 weeks.

I'm apparently the only one who is up-to-date enough to take over her tasks, which she assures me won't be many and which is bs because I haven't been working on the project for ages. The only reason I could possibly be up-to-date at all is because I sit in the same room with her and hear all her phone calls.

I'm going to be really annoyed if my workload doubles because of this or if my ability to shine during this rotation is halted because I'm distracted with her work. Grrr.

That's a very nice thing for you to say arshoo but I beg to differ with the first point - an irate woman who hasn't been allowed to properly shower or wash her hair for the last few days (in this weather) is not attractive at all!

Howso not wash your hair? Were the spots that high on your back? And Showem was right, sponge baths rule, especially in this heat.

Howso not wash your hair? Were the spots that high on your back? And Showem was right, sponge baths rule, especially in this heat.

Yep one of them is quite high on my back (almost to the base of my neck). I also have long thick hair which generally makes leaning over a basin or the bath tub to wash my hair a right pain. It can be done of course -just with an increased degree of difficulty and reserves of patience (which in my case are in short supply). Have done the sponge bath thing but as much fun and all as that is, I just really really want to step under a shower with the water pressure up full-blast.