The Vent - NO CHAT!!!

10,576 posts in this topic

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I had my mobile phone stolen from my hotel room yesterday and now a chinese construction worker is telephoning at the company's expense. The phone was mine, the sim card was the company's. also my private sim card was hidden behind the battery so i have lost all my private contact details as well.

On top of that, i have to extend my trip here which is causing me a nightmare. No flights available and no hotel rooms available because of some damned stupid Motor Show in town from Friday.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Surely the hotel is liable ?

haven't found one yet that is.. They all have a sign somewhere that says they arn't responsible for lost/stolen items..

also, how do i prove that it was stolen from my room. i could quite easily have dropped it on the floor outside (which i am certain i didn't).

the damned annoying thing is, there is a safe in the room which i have been using for my passport, money, camera and video player etc the whole trip. Colleagues have been telling me how safe the country is and how people would never steal etc etc and the day i forget to lock something away, it gets stolen.

The really strange thing is, though, my laptop was in the room (and it won't fit in the safe) and that wasn't taken. My current theory is that since i left it on the bed (pretty certain of that), it got thrown into the laundry with the sheets and made its way out of the room my accident (so no theft) and then was found later.

Apparently there's a ski suit and a pair of sunglasses on their way (if they ever get here) but I wouldn't say no to something shiney to make up for the agony of waiting another 2 days. ;)

oh and it's frustrating when you annoy yourself because you don't have the balls to tell people things.

Underbloodysigning that TWICE.

Probably people on the streets think I'm s

also, how do i prove that it was stolen from my room. i could quite easily have dropped it on the floor outside (which i am certain i didn't).

the damned annoying thing is, there is a safe in the room which i have been using for my passport, money, camera and video player etc the whole trip. Colleagues have been telling me how safe the country is and how people would never steal etc etc and the day i forget to lock something away, it gets stolen.

The really strange thing is, though, my laptop was in the room (and it won't fit in the safe) and that wasn't taken. My current theory is that since i left it on the bed (pretty certain of that), it got thrown into the laundry with the sheets and made its way out of the room my accident (so no theft) and then was found later.

Exactly the same thing happened to me in Egypt a couple of weeks ago. Everything was locked in the safe, but I took my phone out and threw it on the bed as I meant to put it in my bag to take with me for the day. Realised later I had left it in the hotel, went back... gone. Hotel claims they are not liable as I can't prove that it was taken from my room, maybe I put it in my bag and it was stolen from there. I know this didn't happen but that's no use.

They hadn't changed the bed clothes that day (at my request, only every 3 days) so we tore apart the bed in case it got caught up in the sheets.

I'm not surprised they didn't take your laptop - it's too conspicuous. A phone slips nicely into your pocket. There are lots of people in and out of hotel rooms every day and it's very easy for them to do.

Oh and I also got food poisoning that very night (my freaking 30th birthday!) in the same hotel and was sick for the rest of my holiday.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I can't find my grammar book anywhere. :angry: And I have to go try to teach dumb people the difference between present perfect and past simple.

4.30pm and just having a bite to eat. What a fucking day. Key worker did not turn up and we were rushed off our bums all day. Bastard.

Delivery turned up, we had no forklift and had to shift the lot by hand, despite being 100% specified to the supplier and on the paperwork that they MUST send a truck with a tail-lift. Wankers.

And the whole place stinks 'cos the farmer has spread the field over the road with the most eye-watering stinking muck. Tossers.

but I wouldn't say no to something shiney to make up for the agony of waiting another 2 days.

stainless steel pans?

Responsibilities:

1. Either proof reading of or writing of English texts. This includes proofing/writing newsletters, letters to subscribers and non-subscribers, marketing blurbs and other marketing activities.

2. Researching the top architectural offices as well as potential customer addresses.

3. Helping with the preparation for exhibitions as well as the business generated from those exhibitions.

This job is for 10 hours per week at 10€ per hour.

Am I the only one to think there's something slightly wrong here?

P.S. I am posting my comment here because the thread boasting the above advert - being an "employment" offer - is off-limits.

I remember being paid 300 Euros a day as a copywriter - so just under 40 Euros an hour... those were the days. :rolleyes:

Kay has a very valid point - however, market forces and all that...

Is physically assaulting a project manager a crime ?

I need to know for a meeting starting in 5 minutes.

Answers in the negative will be appreciated.

market forces and all that...

Market forces? Ten euros an hour is the going rate for house cleaning.

That's what I paid in Munich too..

12 per hour is the max

(talking about maid services here)

Kay - For clarification: If someone applies at that rate and is accepted for the job, then 10 Euros obviously suffices. However, as is probable, the employer will not receive any qualified applications and will have to then up the salary.

Is physically assaulting a project manager a crime ?

I need to know for a meeting starting in 5 minutes.

Answers in the negative will be appreciated.

only if i am the pm in question

Kay - For clarification: If someone applies at that rate and is accepted for the job, then 10 Euros obviously suffices. However, as is probable, the employer will not receive any qualified applications and will have to then up the salary.

but if 40 people apply the rate will be dropped to 8 euros an hour.