The Vent - NO CHAT!!!

10,498 posts in this topic

oooh 'the vent', perfect.

i'm still registered as unemployed here despite not getting any money from them. so i received a letter the other day 'inviting' me to an interview this morning at 7.45 to discuss my situation. it stated that if i was no longer unemployed, i could phone and tell them this.

so i turned up this morning at 7.45 and told the guy on reception that i'd been invited in for a 'chat'. he seemed rather confused by the letter and asked me if i was still unemployed. he then tapped away on his computer and said that was it. said."what? what about the chat?" oh no, i just had to go there to confirm that i was still unemployed, no chat, nothing. "so why couldn't i have phoned?" no answer to that one. at this point i snatched the letter back, crumpled it into a ball and hurled it at a nearby bin and stormed out.

what the hell was the point dragging me in there for that? arseholes, absolute arseholes. somtimes i truly hate the mindless bureaucracy in this country.

Aaargh I'm so sick of my office being freezing every single day. It's nice weather out for a change and I'm wishing I brought a jumper in because it's so cold in here :(

Arghhhhhhh bastards !!!

They've taken the trouble to give me a load of really good shortcuts on the server to previously designed parts which would make the project so much easier / quicker / cheaper to complete, excellent ! :)

But now the stupid bleeding idiots won't give my guys logon access rights to the drive that contains these folders ! :angry:

£%)y*)*%%*())^))^)^)(y")&&^%rr GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

So I get this all singing, all dancing fancy job as manager of IT. Start working in Frankfurt to sort them out (no manager for 2 years so it's a bit Chaotic), then sort out Munich, Zurich and Vienna. Great thinks I. Almost 27 and doing quite well.

Then I turn up. The so called "German Work Ethic" seems to have missed my Tuetonic colleagues completely. They turn up when they want, and fuck off home when they want (but always being very careful to do their 7.8 hours a day) leaving the whole fucking support department totally unmanned.

So I go in and say "ok lads, we're having a shift rota". One of them screams his tits off and runs off to HR claiming I'm making excessive demands. Pissed off HR girl "summons" me to the office for a bloody interrogation. The other colleague (who REALLY needs to use more deo') just shrugs his head and carry's on regardless of anything I seem to say.

In the next meeting with my Bosses, I put my proposals across and they seem quite happy about the whole thing. Woo Hoo. I mention the issues I'm having and then get the power to re-write these bastards Job specs. Who's the fucking Daddy now? So finally getting that one sorted out, and we all seem to be getting on ok.

Then I get another phone call from london. They need to do a reuters upgrade for somebody. Not a issue normally, but the guys who package all the apps can't seem to release one single fucking peice of software without missing something out and completely screwing up peoples machines. So tonight, I get to sit here until 2am in the fucking morning if the status bar is to be believed, just to take a backup image of the traders machines. :angry:

I'll get home tonight, hopefully get a couple of hours sleep, ready to be back in the office for 6 AM ready for another 14 hour day, because I can't be sure that my guys will turn up.

On the plus side, finally got the rules and regs for putting somebody through a disciplinary. Popular I won't be, but getting them to do their Jobs I will.

So I go in and say "ok lads, we're having a shift rota". One of them screams his tits off and runs off to HR claiming I'm making excessive demands

Tell me about it. Bloody Germans and their "work to rule" bollocks...

All my mates are going on a booze cruise and I can't go...no fun watching them all getting legless and me being the only sober one. Bloody antibiotics!!! :angry:

On the plus side, finally got the rules and regs for putting somebody through a disciplinary. Popular I won't be, but getting them to do their Jobs I will.

a small word of warning. fear is a short term motivator with long term problems.

All my mates are going on a booze cruise and I can't go...no fun watching them all getting legless and me being the only sober one. Bloody antibiotics!!!

Antibiotics never stopped me :rolleyes:

All my mates are going on a booze cruise and I can't go...no fun watching them all getting legless and me being the only sober one. Bloody antibiotics!!!

Yep, I'm in the same boat (no pun intended) but I have to go to this party in Kaiserslautern tomorrow night. The pain killers I'm taking for my aching jaw prevent the alcohol consumption. But, at least I won't be hungover the next day.

Antibiotics never stopped me

Don't normally stop me. But last time I was on these and the doc said no drinking I didn't take any notice. Poured myself a glass of wine, had a couple of sips of wine, tasted disgusting. Woke up in the night severe cramping, hot/cold sweats, couldn't breath properly. Went to get a drink, couldn't get back upstairs, actually collapsed in a heap in the hallway. This went on for 45 minutes, then just disappeared. Turns out there's an ingredient in this antibiotic that is in a pill given to alcoholics to stop them drinking. :blink: Not even going to touch so much as a sherry trifle!

Holy sh*t! I hope they warn me if they ever prescribe something like that! Not that I take antibiotics and go get tanked, but a glass of wine shouldn't be an issue! WOW

Yeah - but they don't always sneak anti-drinking stuff into the anti-biotics.

They also say not to drink lots of beer after running, but I've seen people do it :P

Nope - they USED to say not to never drink while on anti-biotics. Apparently to prevent the drunken sailors from going out and playing with what got them sick in the first place (or so I've heard). I asked a doc a few years ago (at least 5 years) after he prescribed anti-biotics for my sinuses, and he said a glass of wine or so is not an issue.

That's what I was told, at least.