Drugs and remedies for allergy sufferers

93 posts in this topic

allergies are driving me crazy. at home (new jersey), two over the counter medications, claritin and allegra, worked wonders. anyone know if they are available.

thanks.

Over the counter stuff is actually behind the counter. Don't know if they have it, you will just have to ask. If they don't, but can get it, it usually only takes a day for the delivery.

You can get Reactine here which is identical to Zyrtec in the USA. Doesn't work for me but you might give it a shot. FYI, be prepared to pay your 1st born; over the counter meds here are anywhere from 2-6 times more expensive than in the US.

Had bad allergies this year myself... two recommendations:

Lorano - I think it is the same as Claritin in the US.

Livocab - The best - get the dual pack with the nose spray and eye drops. Perfect for when everything gets itchy.

What is causing allergies at the moment? I never used to get hay fever, but now am bothered every June by it. But this is the first year I noticed something this week bothering me. Anyone know what is in bloom or whatever?

I had someone bring Claritin back from the States for me just to find it doesn't work for me here. (I have 5 left if you want them. I know that doesn't help much). I now take Reactine Duo. It is very important that it's Duo and not just normal Reactine if you have any problems with congestion or a runny nose.

@DW

you get zyrtec here as well

@showem

seems the blooming is delayed due to bad weather.

I suffer ususally in may but this year it was very bad in mid June...

Does anyone know if Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) is available here? It is an antihistamine, very good for severe itching.

I have never seen it and no, I have not asked at the Apotheke yet. Just curious if anyone knows.

Cheers!

Does anybody know what that Lactose Absorption Difficiency drug is called?

I'm getting tired of being in trouble for thumping people on the U-Bahn just because somebody has slipped butter into a meal.

Had some nasty allergic reaction on my arm for a few days, then someone gave me some Fenistil Hydrocort.. And it was like magic, cleared it up in a day.

Now im not usually one to reach for the chemicals, but I must concede, this shit worked well!

@Showem - if your hayfever starts early it's often down the the spores trees release according to a Doctor friend of mine - this kind of hayfever is often less severe but lasts a good bit longer (March - September).

And you've been wondering ever since...glad to have set your mind at ease ;)

the good ole birch pollen is warming up and ready for action in a couple of weeks.

i can feel it comin.

wheres me drug stash.

I don't really suffer from Hayfever anymore, since I had my deviated septum in the nose fixed, and the muscles at the back of the nose reshaped, so I could breath better thru my nose. But I used to get Advil cold and sinus from home, as it helped with the nose...

I still get itchy nose from the cottonwood, and those pesky little white fluffy floating balls of fur!

Reactine is expensive over here, but you can get other things with the same active ingredient (Cetirizindihydrochlorid) for much less. I think you just pay a lot for the Reactine/Pfizer name, when other things with the same active ingrediant will work just as wel, or do for me anywayl. A 21 pack of Reactine costs 10.15 euros (plus 4 euros postage), but a 50 pack of Cetirizin Ratiopharm or Cetrizin Stada is only 12.63 (or 23.89 for 100) plus postage. I got these in the apotheke last year (I think you can get one or the other or both in most places), and I can't remember exactly, but I think it my even work out a little cheaper than buying online, as you're not paying postage.

Time to go and stock up for the spring and summer.