Independent insurance agents in Berlin

26 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm looking for an insurance broker/financial adviser in Berlin who does all forms of private cover. I'd rather go on a recommendation if anyone knows a good one. It doesn't have to be an English speaker. The most important criteria is that their advice is independent, and that they try to find the right thing for you.

Thanks very much in advance

Andrew

I am very happy with mine. He is based in Königstein but works 'bundesweit'.

Jared Butz

Tel. 0700 528 00000

E-Mail: info@jbv-online.de

Oh and he is completely independent. :P

How about trying this one:

Marcus Spitzer

Tel.: 01772490546

He's a friend of mine. If you call him, say greetings from Ginny!

I'm in need of health insurance, accident insurance, and perhaps apartment insurance. I have many questions and would like to meet with a knowledgeable English speaking agent.

Hey! I also need urgently an advisor for haftpflichtversicherung and hausratsversicherung. I have seen the web pages for these and it is too complicated, I definitely need some advice to make a good decision.

Cheers!

I checked out a guy who advertises here, John Gunn. He's not in Berlin but he communicates very quickly by email, and is available for skype as well as phone. He has been incredibly friendly and helpful, definitely seems to know his stuff, and never flinches when i ask questions. Recommended.

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=165394

I would recommend Johng. for all insurance things - he knows his stuff and tailors his services appropriately.

He may not be local to Berlin, but is only a phonecall away!

I havent had any luck with German insurance brokers until a friend recommend Niedner & Co. to me. I have been working with Mr. Hennig and his sons for a couple of months now and recently had my bike stolen. I called them and they immediately took care of everything. They are probably not the cheapest around but their "full service" claim stands up to its name. They've been in business since 1923 and are very experienced with international clients.

address:

Niedner & Co. Versicherungsagentur (insurance agency)

Soorstr. 17, 14050 Berlin (Charlottenburg / Westend)

030 2183000

www.niedner.co

Hello Jake! I think a key question here is: do they speak and write very good English? Most people coming onto this forum and enquiring about insurances of all types are newcomers with either lousy or non-existent German or who are afraid/unable to try to manoeuvre around the system without good German language skills.

I have a question: what do you mean by " they are probably not the cheapest around "? Insurance agents/brokers in MOST cases don´t take fees for providing a service, whether offering information/advice or selling an insurance product, the price of which is generally the same with or without an insurance advisor.

Hey John,

thank you for your question!

I've had contact with several different members of their staff and they all spoke good English. I worked extensively with the sons of Mr. Hennig (owner) and I know they've both lived in the U.S. for several years and are certified insurance brokers. By saying "they are probably not the cheapest around" I meant to say they prefer to recommend quality insurance policies with extensive coverage over the cheapest policy you can find on the market. Which I personally find to be the right approach and they were able to save me a lot of money nevertheless. They didnt take any direct fees.

Well, Jake, that´s good to hear. Insurance agents/brokers don´t have a great reputation in Germany (often deservedly so) and if you are happy with their service, good for them.

Customer service in Germany in general doesn´t have the best reputation; all power to them if they provide it.

Thanks for the props Jake and John!

I am the "CEO" of Niedner & Co. and like to say that we've had only very positive experiences with members of toytowngermany. We very much enjoy working with all of you expats coming from so many different corners of the world.

We have now (finally) set up a landing page for our international customers which can be found here: niedner.co/berlin-insurance-broker

Sven

Re your posting below, I thought you might like to know that I have rung your company at least 10 times. Often the line goes dead while ringing. When I get through to a voice mail (never a person) and leave a message, nobody ever gets back to me. I have also left a message via your website - again nobody has ever got back to me.

Is this standard practice?

I am the "CEO" of Niedner & Co. and like to say that we've had only very positive experiences with members of toytowngermany. We very much enjoy working with all of you expats coming from so many different corners of the world.

We have now (finally) set up a landing page for our international customers which can be found here: niedner.co/berlin-insurance-broker

We have recently started to offer advice for (international) health insurance due to the high demmand. Thanks again to all the nice people we have met through Toytown. 

You can still find us at the address stated above: 

address:

030 2183000

http://www.niedner.co

Email: info@niedner.co

office ours are Monday through Friday 10.00 AM to 04.00 PM

On 29.8.2015, 22:10:40, Sven H. said:

We have recently started to offer advice for (international) health insurance due to the high demmand. Thanks again to all the nice people we have met through Toytown. 

You can still find us at the address stated above: 

address:

030 2183000

http://www.niedner.co

Email: info@niedner.co

office ours are Monday through Friday 10.00 AM to 04.00 PM

Julian @ Niedner helped me sort out my health insurance. They lived up to their excellent reviews on Yelp and Google. Can't recommend them highly enough. Superb service!

Are insurance policies more expensive when bought through an independent broker (with the commision etc.) ?