Misheard German words

59 posts in this topic

My mother always laughs at "Grüß Gott" - she thinks it always sounds like gross God.

Another one I heard last night was from Grinner: instead of "dankeschön" - donkey shit

Unterwegs-- underwear!

On a marginally related topic-- I once called schafskase "schlafkase." Now my boyfriend asks me if I like some "sleeping cheese" everytime it's on the menu/sign/description

My mother always laughs at "Grüß Gott" - she thinks it always sounds like gross God.

Another one I heard last night was from Grinner: instead of "dankeschön" - donkey shit

actually I think I heard this first from Oz in the first series of Auf Wiedersehen pet! :P

fantastic series

Great Scott! :lol:

Now my boyfriend asks me if I like some "sleeping cheese" everytime it's on the menu/sign/description

a real comedian then - make sure you keep hold of him ;)

We've been saying 'Donkey Shag' for years and even got some German friends saying it now...

I live in Berlin. Once my mom visited me. She knows no German at all.

Nollendorfplatz - Noleplak

Warschauer Strasse - Warshaw Streeet !!

Sparkasse - Sparsee

If you have heard that humans dont really read all letters in the words , but just the first few and the last few. In the case above, it really proves !

Coming home today, I wondered why they were talking about Turkish muschi on the radio. :o

(hint: mosche) :lol:

My parents came to vist some months ago and kept laughing at "Grüss gott" which sounds pretty much like "gogotte" and turns out to be a really rude word in the dialect we use at home...

"Vielen dank" - I prefer to say "vielen wank" (They look at you a bit funny in shops & stuff when you say it but fuck 'em if they can't take a joke)

& some Munich place names . . .

"mittelere ring" - Hitler ring

"Klinikum Großhardern" - Klinikum Grosshard on"

"Bonnerplatz" - Boner Platz

"Sheidplatz" - Shiteplatz

And finally, going the other way, - I had lunch today with a German guy that works down the corridor. He told me how a colleague once fell asleep on the toilet at work after a lunch time session and the only reason the cleaners found him was because they "Heard him snorkelling in the toilet" - Guess he meant snoring then :lol: