Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Breaking news: Frankfurt closed for business

4 posts in this topic

As people slowly emerge from their underground bunkers to witness the manic destructiveness of the Great Wind of January 2007, Frankfurt has been paralysed by the Great Snow of February 2007.

To prevent mass purchases of sparkling water, canned sausages and hard bread all supermarket checkouts have been reduced to one blue-rinsed checkout lady. APBs have been issued for all personnel pulling sledges and other forms of ISD (improvised sleding device)

In a further development, the new Mayor has enacted a total ban on [Ed, thats enough...]

Jonnyboy sweetheart are you okay? I just called the search and rescue team and they will arrive at your office with dogs, blankets and warm food. I know it's hard to survive under 10 feet snow but don't give up. :lol:

If Frankfurt really ever closed for business due to blizzard, hurricane or some other act of nature, how exactly would we know the difference? Would everywhere put up signs reading "Closed due to inclement weather: please return tomorrow when we'll be closed for some other reason" or "We will not be providing food or alcohol service tonight. We hope to re-open soon, in which case we will resume serving neither food nor alcohol."

I'm just wondering.

Everytime I look at the main board index, I keep reading this topic title as 'Frankfurt closed for business for 1000 years'. Seems a bit extreme.