Restaurant Waldgeist in Hofheim am Taunus

36 posts in this topic

Café & Restruarant Waldgeist is located in Hofheim am Taunus and serves some of the biggest food I've seen in Germany. Good quality or not I have no idea but they do big in a BIG way.

Each table has rolls of tinfoil to take home what you can't finish, although it's considered cowardly to do so. All drinks are served in 2L glasses unless you specify otherwise. Apparently one of their best selling drinks is the "Bembel des Todes" which is a 5L bacardi & coke for €35!

Check out their specialities...

...ginormous schnitzel for €10.90

...1.2Kg Angus rumpstreak for €32.70

...30cm burger for €14.00

...600g currywurst for €10.60

post-8-1170771363.jpg post-8-1170771464.jpg

Café und Restaurant WALDGEIST,

Schloßstr 70

65719 Hofheim

Tel. +49 6192 38385

Website

Once the weather gets better I will definitely be organising a road-trip there. Has anyone been to this restaurant? Would love to hear from any TTers who've been.

I love that Vase...I mean Glass.

Check out the buttons on that guys shirt! I think he needs der Salat instead.

wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy two ordinary sized schnitzels here in Munich than spend €75+ on fuel to drive to Taunus and back?

Yes, but see Keydeck has a fondness for very large food.

See also: Kilians 'pound of meat' pizza

Hey Keydeck, i've not been myself but have been planning to for ages! Know quite a few people who have been here and they've all said that the food is good and it is generally great craic, specially if you've got a large group in the beer garden etc.

You'll have to let us know when you head up here and we'll organise something. You were out with us for a night in Chicago Meatpackers and drinks afterwards if I recall correctly back last autumn? Think Gen was there too.

Need to organise that Oktoberfest visit soon... :)

looks to me like one of those Restaurant 'Eat Your Own Body Weight In Lard' more like.

would you fît in the car for the drive home afterwards though?

food does look yummy though.

Hey Keydeck, i've not been myself but have been planning to for ages!

Deal. Bit of sunshine, a couple of local guesthouses and as many bodies as I can muster up. Watch this space!

OG won't be there as he can do the same thing here by just putting multiple meals onto one plate :rolleyes:

You were out with us for a night in Chicago Meatpackers and drinks afterwards if I recall correctly back last autumn? Think Gen was there too.

That's right. I had the heart-attack on a plate with extra cheese :)

I went there just before Christmas.

The food was lovely and the portions enormous! I ordered the smallest one they had and could still only manage half of it!

We should definitely go there again soon.

Deal. Big of sunshine

A Freudian slip if ever there was one. :D

Edit: Quick edit, KD, but not quick enough. Sorry.

Oh and Keydeck I also had another Maß of beer when I was there. All my German friends were very impressed but didn't believe me when I said an Irish guy taught me everything I know about how to drink it without looking like a complete girl :P

a 5L bacardi & coke for €35!

Oh. My. God.

ROADTRIP!!!

a 5L bacardi & coke for €35!

That oughta keep Cookie busy for at least fifteen minutes or so. ;)

post-356-1170773511.jpg

If you're doing a tour of the biggest food in Germany, be sure to visit Rainer's, otherwise known as Central Pub, Erlanger Str. 6, 91074 Herzogenaurach right near adidas.

Crazy food at crazy prices. The comedy Currywürst is also mental biscuits and yes I've been there the odd few dozen times.

I am definitely in, keep me posted. Looks fantastic, I mean whats better than a liter of German beer?? 2 liters and a schnitzel the size of your head!

@OG Come on this is a place to see and be seen. I guess you don't go to Andech's either, since they have the beer by the Frauen Kirche??

Edit, oh man look at that schnitzel above with a whole litter (or whatever they are called) of eggs. One of those, a couple liters of beer and by-pass surgery and I would be one happy camper.

That oughta keep Cookie busy for at least fifteen minutes or so.

Maybe 20 - depends on what and how much I had the night before. :ph34r: