Translators' meetup, monthly networking event

3,670 posts in this topic

Gen, you've already accused me of being a raving mad lunatic once this week, I thought I'd add fuel to the fire :)

Umm, nope, hasn't been said before. Sorry, without context I'm lost.

Oh wait -- my What is to Garibaldi who appears to want to tell us something. Wasn't to you at all. Maybe that's the source of confusion?

garibaldi took it upon himself to question koala's use of US slang, not realising that she was merely using international English to further general comprehension among the masses. Well, he wouldn't, would he, poor benighted lamb. It was an interrogative expostulation, not a bid for attention. Hope that's all clear now.

(There's never an irony smiley around when you need one, is there?)

Of course, using question marks to denote interrogatives could save a whole lot of confusion... especially on threads for professional linguists. ;)

Nah - that would be far too simple. The whole point of TT is to make life as tough as possible ;)

Ayup. Tough Titties.

I thought Garibaldi might have been trying to indicate that we need more MEN before we say anything about you guys. But I don't see him volunteering...

The last time I went to the Dreigroschenkeller, the food was not very good at all. But we can give it another shot as far as I'm concerned. Freudenzimmer bitte.

:( I like food. I need it actually, because I can't stand alcohol without eating. I will be under the table after one drink without something to eat, honestly. :unsure: Please somebody make other suggestion. :)

Natalia, I do so understand the problem...

I was looking for somewhere close to the S-Bahn for long-haul travellers like STB and Noey (and also as a change from Schwabing) but since you lot of young 'uns go out the WHOLE time and I usually stay chained to my computer with a nice cup of tea, my roster of choices is a bit limited. What's the food in Glockenspiel like in the evenings?

Then again, I suppose you can't get nearer to the U-Bahn (U2) than Lebenslust. And the food is OK there. And they seem to like us. And they have a Happy Hour. And, and, and.

I like Cafe Altschwabing but haven't tried their cocktails.

Other ideas?

No, no, Crusoe, it's ME who is chained to the computer normally :lol: . If you ask me, my favourite is Altschwabing, because I haven't been there yet in evening. Glockenspiel is the best option for those who have to go home by S-bahn, and food there is ok, I've been there once. Then of course Lebenlust would be also just fine.

Thanks Natalia! Any other ideas and signups, please post by Tuesday midday so reservation can be made in time.

PS. Does anyone know a good locksmith?

Wooo, the fabulous Joe Dolan. Love the audience shots! Also like the way he manages to wipe his nose without missing a beat.

However, I still seem to be chained to the computer. :ph34r:

Thanks to Gen for the useful locksmiths link. Gen, click on Garibaldi's link for some musical accompaniment to the clanking of chains. Or did you already? Between you, you've freed me from my fetters in time for Wednesday. Hurrah!

So then: crusoe, Gen, Natalia, koala...

I'll be there, even if we haven't decided where "there" is. Since I only know beer places, I can't really help in that respect.

There's a move, or a quiet shuffle at least, towards Cafe Altschwabing. And they do serve beer there. And cocktails. And rather nice wine. And other stuff.

Time, people? 8 pm?