Translators' meetup, monthly networking event

3,654 posts in this topic

Thanks a lot Gen for the notes!

The standup comedy show I mentioned was

Anthony Jeselnik: Fire at the Maternity Ward https://www.netflix.com/watch/80227677 

The humor's on the offensive side so might not be for everyone :P

I'll be out of town for a while starting from this weekend, not sure if I can make it to the next meetup, but I'll update the group once I'm back. Cheers!

Hi everyone, I haven‘t been getting notifications in ages either as I think I mentioned a few times at the meetups. The only way I got to know about the meetups  lately is by checking here now and then. Thanks Gen for the FB group idea. I don‘t regularly go on FB but I guess that could be a solution for many of us. As for June I can do any of the suggested dates at the moment except Tuesdays. Have a nice week-end!

As long as you've got an FB account, you can join the group and get invited to the meetup -- because it's very easy to invite an entire group, and as long as you haven't turned off Facebook emails, you'd get that. :)  

Many TT groups have moved to Meetup, but Meetup's not free...

Exactly, Gen, Meetup is not free - I think we had mentioned that too once. Anyway thanks again and see you some time soon hopefully!

Hi everyone,

I'm afraid I won't be able to come tonight, last minute job... 😣

See you at the next meetup!