Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Average price of a room in a shared apartment

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I am hoping to be working in Frankfurt soon and wanted to know the average price of a room in as shared flat within 3 miles of the city centre.

I realise it depends on where it is and the standard of the flat but average prices would help.

I was thinking a flatshare would be less hassle and a cheaper option than renting a flat and would be a good way to improve my German.

I would be working near the central train station so ideally would like to be within 15 minutes walk but 15minutes on public transport may have to do.

Do any members meet up to go the see Eintracht games at all. I'd be looking to go to the games and partake of a few liquid refreshments before and after as I do every week in Scotland.

I see O'Reillys shows most of the Sky and Setanta games so thats my Sundays taken care of.

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

have a look on www.wg-gesucht.de As far as I know it's the biggest site for flatshares in Germany, so if you just put Frankfurt under Für Wohnraumsuchenden you'll get a good idea. The magic word when looking for flatshares on Google is WG (Wohngemeinschaft).

I paid Euro 345 for a +/- 20 m2 room in a flat shared with 3 people 10 minutes from Hbf. It was a dingy flat though, and the price was reasonably high. But as a foreigner I think that is def about the price you are looking at. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply Kes.

Someone on another forum recommended that site and its given me a good idea of whats available and at what price.

Regards

I thought the same when I moved here, but ended up in a one room apartment. Moving from London, the price for a whole, small apartment was very close to a room in a shared London apartment, so you may find it reasonable to rent a whole apartment. That wouldn't help you learn any german though.

As an Edinburger in Frankfurt, drop me a mail when you arrive, I'd be up for watching some more football, and maybe even vistiting O'reilly's.

Good luck.

Will do Bob. I should know within a fortnight if I am coming over.

Have been told that I would be put up in a furnished apartment for the first 3 months to give me time to get somewhere and there may be help with costs so a flat is more attractive now. They also may cover language course fees.

Cheers