Online digital photo printing services

53 posts in this topic

canon 400d. I realize that calibration is the best starting point - but buying a dongle that i might use every 6 months seems a hard buy right now. (PS im on an imac).

I was wondering if DM give out an ICC file to use or something?

Does know of a company which scans pictures for you? Sort of the reverse of what this thread is about!? Thanks.

canon 400d.

Ah, I thought we were talking about some cheapo compact camera! Well, calibrate the monitor, and then if there are still discrepancies between print and screen then the problem must lie with the printer. I would get that same file developed at a more upmarket developers and see how it turns out. DM definitely aim at the "general consumer", and I don't mean that in a polite way.

Does know of a company which scans pictures for you? Sort of the reverse of what this thread is about!? Thanks.

Scans prints or scans negatives? If you mean scanning prints, then most proper photo developing places (i.e. not the drug stores) should be able to offer this service, but you could also try a copy store. If you mean negatives, then there are various options depending on time/money/quality priorities.

yeah, i've just done some test orders via a couple of different places to compare.. we'll see what the difference is. I've also read that I need to set the gamma on my imac to 2.2 - it's set at 1.8 right now. Don't know if that's change my image much...

I just got some prints back from Snapfish. They have an offer of 20 free prints (10x15) plus shipping (€2,95). Photo quality is what I would expect from a service like this and I ordered on Friday, so turnaround was quick. I like them well enough that I'll order some bigger prints from them to see how those look.

I use foto.com (already mentioned in the thread), I think is good quality and cheap. I used them back in my home country and was impressed with their "not satisfied refund guarantee". I was unhappy with some posters and they refunded the whole thing (including shipping costs and fees), I just had to send them back (by e-mail) pictures proving that I had rendered the posters unusable.

Here I tried and found out that it is friendly to non-German speakers :)

Basically they are international and so you can use their website from other countries and order the photos delivered in a German address for the same price the German branch delivers them.

I'm just really pleased about being able to navigate the website in the language I want and still getting photos delivered cheaply to my address here and thought others here may enjoy using it.

If you want to have the site display in English but have the prices displayed in Euros you can just select "Other European country".

You do not need software as it runs from their site in Java so basically you just need a browser I think. Their Java software is not perfect but it is user friendly.

I really like their Fotomag promotion, seems really good price for the area of photographic paper you get (8 A4s worth, in a stapled magazine form factor).

Ivo.

I know this is an old thread, but here's my tuppence worth - I like http://www.photobox.de/ - they're fast, cheap and often have special offers which make the whole thing even cheaper. Delivery costs are included too.

For business cards and flyers, someone recommended flyeralarm.de. The prices look pretty good and they offer express delivery from 2 days to 24 hours. Does anyone have experience with this? I looked at some of the other recommended sites but they were more expensive.

For books, I know that Blurb and Lulu are more professional, and have good prices, but their deliveries can take up to 10 days. Does anyone have experience with this? Would Blurb or Lulu ship faster? Supposedly, Lulu deliveries to Europe are printed in France.

What are German alternatives? I looked at some of the photo printing services at the recommended sites, and they all offer "photo books", but I'm not sure how good the books are, and whether they are any faster. This book will be for my portfolio for my freelance visa applcation, so I really need to have a quick turnaround time, with a professional level publishing. A problem with myphotobook.de is they dont allow using your own templates or PDFs unless your order is over 250 euros. Some of the others like pixum and schlecker use their own software which you have to download.

Any recommendation for online photo printing in 2015? I would prefer a good quality prints over very cheap solutions. 

As of 2007, Snapfish claimed to have 40 million members and to host 1 billion digital pictures. In August 2013, Snapfish announced on their local websites (and through a mailing to members) that they were shutting down the service in Belgium, India, the Netherlands and Spain.[7] They advised existing users to use Pixum and Photojaanic as a replacement service.