New in Leipzig (or new to this forum)

213 posts in this topic

Hi my name's Brendan I'm 27 and have just moved here from Ireland for work, I wanted to make a few english speaking contacts in Leipzig, Is there anyone around or am I the only auslander in town, thanks in advance

Hey there fellow Irish man!! Welcome to Leipzig; Is as Tiobraid Arainn me (can't find da fada's !!). Came over to Leipzig in August to teach, ya beginnin to settle in?

Hi,

Just wondered if you are looking for somewhere to stay in Leipzig because I know of a very nice apartment only a 5 minute walk from the main train station that is available for rent. let me know if interested.

Hi Bren27 - you are not the only one - I moved here from Nottingham in November last year! Still getting used to things around here but liking it - let me know if you wanna catch up

Hello All!

I'm Tessa, and I'll be teaching at the international school in August and arriving from Melbourne, Australia hopefully before then! (if nothing else but to get over jetlag before school starts!) I would love to hear from fellow English-speakers (althoguh I do speak German - and it will improve when I arrive, I promse) about life in the home of the coffee bean and the book.

Tessa

Hi all,

if any of the Leipzig newbies want to catch up for a beer or are interested in local advice, give me a shout.

Don't worry, I'm no English language groupie looking desperately to converse in English. Having lived long enough abroad myself I'm just willing spill local intel and help people accomodate...

cheers

Hallo all.

I am a 26 year old male who has just moved to Leipzig to start volunteer work for a year. I am looking for people who are currently living in Leipzig into music, films, walking / hiking who might like to meet up for a drink and maybe go to some gigs or walks? Also play Table tennis and perhaps some Badminton / Squash if anyone is up for it?

Daniel

Hi my names Scott Im 34 yr old guy moving from Norwich on 10th August to live in Leipzig, i am hoping to open an extreme sports activity centre there. I have alreadt started building my website www.leextreme.de which is everything from skates, kites stilts and gadgets of the extreme nature. I have been frequent visitor over last 6 months (you may have seen me running round on power stilts) i love the city, the lakes and the people. I also would like to make contacts and was hoping on some advice on some work while i get business established...I am able do many things from catering, building anything really.

So a big Hello to you all.

Scott

Hello everyone.

I'm new to the Leipzig area and would love to make some new acquaintances. I just moved here from Washington DC to be with the love of my life, a native Leipzig resident. She hasn't been in the city in two years so we could both use some new connections.

~ Chris

Hi Matt here from OZ.

new to this forum. been in leipzig for 8 months. i was already fluent in german before i came over here but i do miss talking in english and having people around who's idea of a good night out is not to sit around drinking, staring and nodding at each other for 3 hours and then go to a night club that plays horrible elctro techno garbage all night long.

I would love to hear some stories about everyone's relocation here. What they do now for fun? for work? what they think of the city and area in general.

I am English and I moved here in May 2008. Loving the city so far and the people are very friendly. The weather is pretty extreme but I´l get over it haha. I remember arriving in about 30 degrees C sun and a few weeks ago was minus 30 degrees. Crazy crazy. The nightlife is great also - http://www.schwarzes-leipzig.info/portal.php is a good website to find out what´s on.

Hi everyone, I arrived in Leipzig a few weeks ago and will be here until the end of the year. So far I know ONE non-colleague in Leipzig, so it would be nice to meet some other people, either English or German-speakers. I'd also be interested in tips on good cafes etc to chill out in at the weekends - I'm more of a daytime person than a night owl. Having said that, I'm happy to meet up at the pub of an evening...

hey, andi here in sunny Halle.i will be visiting someone in leipzig, and was wondering if there are any english tables, or something like that. can i get a guiness anywhere near the station?any suggestions will be appreciated. slainte

Hi, I'm moving to Leipzig towards the end of the month (starting work on 5th or 12th May) is there a Curry Night in Leipzig? I found 1 Indian restaurant there a few years ago.

Hi

I'll be joining you all in the next 2 weeks and staying for a few years! I'm from the UK and single.

I've been in Leipzig a few times, but would really appreciate some help settling in and finding my way. The next couple of weeks will be manic for me, as I try to find an apartment!

So glad you have a Starbucks now! Where do you like to go for coffee/beer/culture/sport/swimming/outdoors etc?

Thanks for your help.

NG