Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ready-made curries on sale at Aldi

27 posts in this topic

And another reason not to eat them:

Heads of Environmental Health Services and Directors of Trading Standards will wish to be aware of a product recall by Aldi Stores Ltd of Bilash Premium Chicken Curry in 400g cans due to contamination of one of the ingredients with the illegal dye Sudan I "Aldi Bilash Premium Chicken Curry 400g"

this reminds me of the strassen fest in Muc Freiheit, there is a curry house there and they had a stand set up on the road too. while we all were looking for things to eat I thought curry was not a bad idea, it was cheap too. As I went up to the guy and said Hi and that curry sounded good, he quickly told me that they had run out of stock and that the items presently being sold were leftovers from the day before and that at least I should not eat them! He said the foreigners would never know the difference :rolleyes:

so beware when curry cheap your stomach may weep!

And another reason not to eat them:

Heads of Environmental Health Services and Directors of Trading Standards will wish to be aware of a product recall by Aldi Stores Ltd of Bilash Premium Chicken Curry in 400g cans due to contamination of one of the ingredients with the illegal dye Sudan I "Aldi Bilash Premium Chicken Curry 400g"

Only if you bought them back in October 2003 dye warning.

And why do they use dye? Because they aren't using any proper ingredients, so they have to try and do some cowboy repair job. I simply hate Aldi. They just sell cheap rubbish, and are even hailed and adored for doing so. Great for buying cheap toilet cleaner maybe, but not when its repackaged as foodstuff.