Why are you unhappy today?

12,847 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, emkay said:

We’ve just said goodbye to our dear Gracie. We‘ll never forget our sweet girl. 😥

Fucking shit.

We had to say our good-byes to our beloved Purzel (Dackel; Wiener Dog) on Christmas Eve; ten years after her arrival at our home.

Or any time. It's always heartbreaking.

Death can't take a holiday...

((((((((HUGS))))))))

Thank you for your kind words. The vet felt last week that she might have a chance and had some treatment. At least she was relieved from her dental pain. She chose her own time and place to leave us as peacefully as possible. 

12 minutes ago, emkay said:

Thank you for your kind words. The vet felt last week that she might have a chance and had some treatment. At least she was relieved from her dental pain. She chose her own time and place to leave us as peacefully as possible. 

25 minutes ago, emkay said:

We’ve just said goodbye to our dear Gracie. We‘ll never forget our sweet girl. 😥

A5D9E7EE-36D7-483C-A6F0-C85CE77868CA.jpe

Oh, I'm so sorry, emkay. There was hope for a little while, but now was obviously the right time for her to go. She'll leave a huge gap, I know so well. 

Oh, that was unexpected. Sorry for your loss, she was a proper cutie. Glad you were able to make her last days more comfortable. 

21 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Oh, that was unexpected. Sorry for your loss, she was a proper cutie. Glad you were able to make her last days more comfortable. 

Thanks so much. That’s a photo of when she bounced into our lives in 2014 as a foster kitty with her 2 siblings. They all grew into very big pure black beauties. Daft as I am, after Gracie was first diagnosed with CKD and not allowed outdoors, she loved to watch bird videos on YouTube with her sister. She was such a dear soul and very much missed.

C269DD2B-B1D7-469C-B419-172D74127FB8.jpe

On 12/5/2022, 10:34:06, Mr.Bear said:

Are you sure you want to start this circus all over again?
You can find the information yourself, if you know where to look.

Don't Poke The Bear!

6 hours ago, emkay said:

6 hours ago, emkay said:

So sorry, @emkay.  You cared for Gracie from the cradle to the grave, and gave her the love and affection she deserved. And she returned it. <3 

I’m sad about the loss against Argentina. Again penalties like in 2014. The ref gave them an easy penalty in second half and gave almost everyone a yellow card, but we bounced back 2-2 in last minute of extra time. This silenced the tens of thousands Argentinian fans who sing non-stop. It was not enough in the end.

On 10/12/2022, 11:34:28, LukeSkywalker said:

I’m sad about the loss against Argentina. Again penalties like in 2014. The ref gave them an easy penalty in second half and gave almost everyone a yellow card, but we bounced back 2-2 in last minute of extra time. This silenced the tens of thousands Argentinian fans who sing non-stop. It was not enough in the end.

Here's me joining the fans of the Netherlandd, Brazil, Spain, Portugal, Germany , etc in being unhappy. Sport can be cruel.

I am most unhappy for Harry Kane. I hope he won't be unnecessarily criticised 👍👍👍
Most, I hope, will still love you, Harry.❤️❤️❤️

Not at all happy!

Boyfriend (who never really communicates a lot anyway!) just sent me an email to say that his Mother is in hospital.

We went through all of this last year - she has Parkinsons, and was in a really bad way this time last year, but has been sort of okay all year through.

Now she has started coughing up blood and gunk, and has landed in hospital again.

On the bright side, it might give us a chance to get into her flat and clean and tidy it a bit...

Feeling sad and lost at the moment and don´t know how to help my boyfriend!

Look what I got for Christmas, pneumonia!!!

I thought I had started a cold last week, no problem. Over the weekend, I thought I was developing bronchitis, again, I could handle that. After a really bad Sunday, I went to the doctor on Monday, had blood tests and a chest x-ray. I was put on a strong antibiotic and told to go home, drink lots of tea and stay there. Christmas with my family is at risk now as I'm still not feeling much better, but that's ok, it's just a day in the calendar.

My reason for posting?  Don't presume it's nothing serious and delay seeing a doctor if you feel unwell over a couple of days.  I don't get ill very often and how bad this is has really shocked me.  

Get well soon Tap!

And as you say, Christmas is just another day - somehow it´ll happen and then things will get back to normal.

You health is more important than making Christmas special for others - let them take care of you for a change!

There are a lot of people ill at the moment.  Daughter was off 2 weeks with cold/cough (no Corona), back to work 2 days and is now off again up

to & including Christmas Eve with oncomming bronchitus.  On the 24th she was planned (as always) for the day shift in the Rechtsmedizin lab but thats off.  Many colleagues there are also ill.