Why are you unhappy today?

12,829 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, john g. said:

Bloody hell! My Nicole got on a bus and asked for a 2.40 euro ticket. She offered the driver a 2 euro coin and a fifty cent coin. The driver refused and said: " I don't give change. You have to get off the bus and buy a ticket from an Automaten.

The HVV app allows you to buy a ticket on the phone.

No searching for the machine (currently broken) or finding change.

Even reminds you that the bus is coming...

Big surprise recently as my son showed me that the DB app also works on HVV buses (and also those in Kiel)

I now just use the DB app for bus travel up north...

23 minutes ago, HH_Sailor said:

The HVV app allows you to buy a ticket on the phone.

No searching for the machine (currently broken) or finding change.

Even reminds you that the bus is coming...

Big surprise recently as my son showed me that the DB app also works on HVV buses (and also those in Kiel)

I now just use the DB app for bus travel up north...

In our area, there are plenty of old people using the buses who wouldn't even know what an app is. I bet many of them don't have a SmartPhone, either.

It is still a bit of a bullying attitude towards some in society, I personally think/feel. ie: driver refuses to give change. I can understand it if Nicole had given him a 500 euro bank note!馃槀

( And I personally am very ok with the SmartPhone in front of my eyes right now but not when I am carrying shopping, wearing a mask and can't read / SEE the instructions on the machine properly or feel stressed when my glasses steam up on the bus)...

As you yourself write: your son showed you the DB聽聽app.聽

But good information from you!

1 hour ago, LukeSkywalker said:

At least the bus came. In Greece they are on strike (again) 馃懟

In Greece, the driver might have pocketed the whole 2 Euro 50!馃槀

( That happened to me there and I didn't even get a ticket!)馃槀

So sorry to hea about your loss John May your dear friend聽 rest in Peace.

On 15. 11. 2022., john g. said:

I have just lost a very good friend. Tough to take. RIP dear Mike馃槦.

We鈥檙e very sad聽that we need to make the decision very soon to let our lovely Gracie cat leave us as聽peacefully as possible.聽聽She鈥檚 only 8 years old and has been in palliative care for the last 2.5 years since her end stage kidney disease diagnosis. Her quality of life has been very good though now with the onset of dental pain, any added pain medication isn鈥檛 working well enough. Being highly sedated is no longer life quality. I鈥檝e never had to make such a decision before. I鈥檓 just hoping to find a vet that will come to our house as I鈥檇 like Gracie to not have to go through the huge stress that she always suffers going to the vet. 馃槩

8 minutes ago, emkay said:

I can't help you with any recommendations, but

((((((((HUGS))))))))

I know what you're going through - imagine to have to put a beloved companion to sleep on Christmas' Eve. And that's "just" one.

Try to take comfort in knowing you will have spared your kitty from avoidable pain.

馃寛

Very sorry, emkay. This is so hard.

Our vet in Munich came to our house to put our Muschi down some years ago. I ordered a service in the U.S. to go to my son's house and put down their Tiger. I do hope you can find someone to do it.

More hugs.

@ emkay: Maybe you could get a sedative tablet from the vet to take in advance of the journey if nobody will come out ? Heartbreaking.聽

Alsatian men and Alsatian dogs. I m not a dog person but am coming to the slow r茅alisation that the latter is most likely the better breed.

1 hour ago, optimista said:

@ emkay: Maybe you could get a sedative tablet from the vet to take in advance of the journey if nobody will come out ? Heartbreaking.聽

We鈥檝e now got gabapentin that should be a pain relief though mostly it鈥檚聽just sedative. 聽This will help in any way to prevent vet stress.聽

1 minute ago, emkay said:

Just be there talking softly. That's what helped our tom cat 20 years ago best.

Kept him warm (hot bottle - he was over-sensitive to touch), but company.

Our vet back then would have put him to sleep, but it wasn't necessary - he crossed the bridge peacefully.

10 hours ago, emkay said:

We鈥檙e very sad聽that we need to make the decision very soon to let our lovely Gracie cat leave us as聽peacefully as possible.聽聽She鈥檚 only 8 years old and has been in palliative care for the last 2.5 years since her end stage kidney disease diagnosis. Her quality of life has been very good though now with the onset of dental pain, any added pain medication isn鈥檛 working well enough. Being highly sedated is no longer life quality. I鈥檝e never had to make such a decision before. I鈥檓 just hoping to find a vet that will come to our house as I鈥檇 like Gracie to not have to go through the huge stress that she always suffers going to the vet. 馃槩

So sorry to hear this about Gracie, emkay. I feel your sorrow and I'm sure you'll find the right solution to make the transition聽easy for her.聽

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

here

Holy cats! This must be a real grudge match. Wasn't it Moroccans who hit Belgian trains in 1971?

Unhappy and flummoxed! This is what happens when a letting agent replaces a faulty and irreparable integrated microwave without my approval. After the cost was deducted from rental income,聽I was assured there鈥檚 no unsightly void though finally got a photo as requested.聽

Before and after鈥..

83DCA918-E6D7-40E8-997D-CFDB60E50EBE.jpe

37 minutes ago, emkay said:

... replaces a faulty and irreparable integrated microwave without my approval. After the cost was deducted from rental income...

Thieves and liars then.聽

Could you ask them to install the same model as the one they removed at their expense in avoidance of litigation ? Presume you have lawyers expenses covered by insurance. Does it say in the small print how much they can spend for upkeep and repairs without prior consultation with you ? Their second hand (they sent you the purchase invoice, right ?) temporary measure doesn t really cut it.

25 minutes ago, optimista said:

Thieves and liars then.聽

Could you ask them to install the same model as the one they removed at their expense in avoidance of litigation ? Presume you have lawyers expenses covered by insurance. Does it say in the small print how much they can spend for upkeep and repairs without prior consultation with you ? Their second hand (they sent you the purchase invoice, right ?) temporary measure doesn t really cut it.

I just got a handwritten invoice for a replacement microwave. No make, model, guarantee details. They say that the tenant was escalating this issue to a formal complaint. However, the tenancy started in May and in June, I was asked to repair or replace聽the microwave. I immediately asked for a quote. Non forthcoming, just did this job in oct/nov without聽my knowledge. I always reply to any issue within 24 hours and never decline to repair or replace as appropriate.聽